Any software better for GF Brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JerryE

Reaction score
After searching Google and the hbt software forum, I can see there are many options for brewing software. My first impression is that BeerAlchemy looks like a good software package for a mac/iPhone user.

My question is whether there are any software packages that are better suited than others for the GF brewer? Are there any particular features to look for?

I have not used any brewing sw, but some of them seem to be "ingredient aware." It might be nice if they knew about some GF ingredients. If, on the other hand, sw is mostly just good for basic calculations, maybe it does not matter.

Thanks,
Jerry

I use Beersmith and manually input the GF ingredients. For me it's mainly to remember the recipe and get some rough calculations. And it's a nice archive for the past recipes too.

Good feedback. Thanks. So far I have been using a weather proof (beer proof :drunk:) journal to keep things straight, but sw could help. Mostly I would like easy access to the calcs to improve predictability.

I like Beersmith as well.

The calendar is nice to track the dates of your brews.
Very easy to add new ingredients, GF stuff.

Beersmith here as well, maybe I can make a place where we can upload GF ingredients with the PPG and Color filled out for others...since we are all using it.

Errr...give me a bit.

Back