Any raspberry wine recipes?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newbrew32

Reaction score
I'm looking to start a batch prob 5gal of raspberry wine. Never done raspberry before so was wondering if there's any good recipes. I searched and couldn't find anything. It can be simple too, I'm not looking for an expensive batch...thanks I advance

here is one out of the book of my father
Raspberries - 1 bread bag full (standard bread bag, i know no weight)
10 lbs sugar
5 campden tablets
up to 5 gallon water
5 tsp Acid blend
5 tsp Yeast nutrient
2 1/2 tsp Pectic Enzyme
1 Package Lalvin 1116

Place washed fruit in nylon straining bag and tie. Place bag in fermenter and crush fruit with hands. Add sugar, acid blend and yeast nutrient in fermenter. Add 5 quart of boiling water. Stir well to dissolve sugar. Add remaining water (cool) and campden tabletsand stir well. After 12-24 hrs add wine yeast. Cover, stir and squeeze bag daily. After 7 days, squeeze all liquid gently from bag and discard. Transfer all liquids into secondary fermentation vessel and place an airlock into opening. Rack after 30 days and add another untill clear. Keep racking till clear.
(you can stablize and back sweeten if you want i dont do this step)

this will make a light and mellow wine. i use this recipe for all my wines... substitute the fruit for any others

"Rack after 30 days and add another untill clear"

I dont understand this sentence. Add another what?

I just used this recipe to make my first batch of wine yesterday. Raspberry/huckleberry. Just pitched the yeast. Hope it turns out ok.

probably means add another campden tablet but thats just a guess...

Thanks. One more question.

How many tablets do I add when racking?

I added 5 when i first put the wine in the fermenter, but only 1 last time I racked. but then i just read to add 1 tablet Per Gallon when racking.

Also, how many do I add when I bottle?

Thanks. I searched a bunch but found too many different answers.

Thanks. One more question.

How many tablets do I add when racking?

I added 5 when i first put the wine in the fermenter, but only 1 last time I racked. but then i just read to add 1 tablet Per Gallon when racking.

Also, how many do I add when I bottle?

Thanks. I searched a bunch but found too many different answers.

One crushed campden tablet per gallon, OR 1/4 teaspoon total of the powdered stuff if you have the pure K-meta instead of tablets for the entire batch.

per gallon...
12-24 oz red rasp frozen, then thawed (consider using a straining bag)
2 cans apple-rasp concentrate
1.5 tsp pectic enzyme
1/4 tsp nutrient
1/4 tsp energizer
1 cup less than 1 gallon water
1.5 campden tablets

Let all this sit overnight
Add invert sugar or honey to desired OG (I used 1.086)
71B yeast rehydrated in warm water for 20 min then placed on top of liquid- no stirring
After 3 days remove seeds/skins
IF used honey, add Sparkalloid at 12 months and bottle 1 month later.
IF used sugar, should be ready to bottle around 9 months.
Used 1/2# sugar to backsweeten
Could consider using room temperature raspberry-apple juice concentrate, or raspberry-cherry concentrate, etc.
**Follow the basics for racking, addition of k-meta/campden, addition of sorbate/k-meta with backsweetening

Back