Any problem using chest freezer as fermentation chamber and to store kegs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philly224

Reaction score
Was planning on getting a chest freezer for fermentation/dispensing kegs. My basement gets down to about 65 degrees so temperature of my beers usually stay around 65 except during active fermentation.

Would there be anything wrong with using the chest freezer for both and letting the kegs get up to 65 degrees for a few days?

I used to only have one kegerator that I used both for ferm control and kegging. It worked, but I found it would mess up my carbonation. It would either cause really foamy pours or some kegs to become less carbonated depending on how long fermentation took. Still, I made it work because it was what I had.

I used to only have one kegerator that I used both for ferm control and kegging. It worked, but I found it would mess up my carbonation. It would either cause really foamy pours or some kegs to become less carbonated depending on how long fermentation took. Still, I made it work because it was what I had.

Make sense...

Thanks for the info!

Back