Any NASCAR fans?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BierMuncher said:
I wonder of Burton had any criticism for McDowell this time..
:confused: I thought Burton went pretty easy on McDowell after Martinsville, if that's what you're referring to. I heard an interview by McDowell on Monday basically acknowledging Burton's comments and saying he was taking the whole deal as a learning experience.

Also, Burton has been one of the absolute most outspoken drivers for driver and car safety, so he was probably in some ways indirectly responsible for a lot of the safety features that potentially saved McDowell's life. I'm sure Burton was as happy as everybody else to see McDowell walk away from that.

That was a strong run, and it looks like the 48 might be getting things turned around. Jr and Tony Jr got out to lunch again...seems like they can never recover when that happens. Also, I don't think I've ever seen such a poor performance from the 24 team, at least not in recent memory!

Edit: Busch had a strong run, as well...never really slipped up all day.

I have no prblems with edwards winning that was a clean run, just hope he passes inspection. My guy Smoke just keeps on racking up the top 10's hopefully he will win one soon.

Baron von BeeGee said:
That was a strong run, and it looks like the 48 might be getting things turned around. Jr and Tony Jr got out to lunch again...seems like they can never recover when that happens. Also, I don't think I've ever seen such a poor performance from the 24 team, at least not in recent memory!

Edit: Busch had a strong run, as well...never really slipped up all day.

It was horrible watching Jeff suck so bad. He was talking about how bad their setup was, but I know that the Hendrick teams share their setups with each other. Texas just might be the track that he will never be good at.

I started out hating him...now I admire him.

Say what you will...that guy races his @ss off.

The All-star race will be fun to watch:

No points.
Winner takes all.
Four 25 Lap Segments.

What a strange format.

I started out hating him...now I admire him.

Say what you will...that guy races his @ss off.

The All-star race will be fun to watch:

No points.
Winner takes all.
Four 25 Lap Segments.

What a strange format.

I dont think you are going to find many Jr fans to agree with you. 98% of NASCAR fans are rooting for Jr ;)

All honesty I have so lost interest in NASCAR this season. This new cars makes the races so damn boring.

Watching NASCAR is nearly as boring as watching golf. What happens next? Oh, the cars just drive around the track again... Didn't I just watch that?

I'll watch when NASCAR gets it's roots back.

Watching NASCAR is nearly as boring as watching golf. What happens next? Oh, the cars just drive around the track again... Didn't I just watch that?

I'll watch when NASCAR gets it's roots back.

Well you wont be watching for a while then I guess. It may be boring to some people as is golf, but Some people like watching it and golf, like me.;)

Kasey Kahn makes it into the race by fan vote (only one driver makes it through fan voting).

Starts dead last in the field.

Wins the race. First fan-favorite to win the all star race.

That was fun and it was good to see some beer being sprayed in victory lane again (even if it was BMC).

It's been fun watching Kahne get back up to speed after a few trying seasons, and... congrats to Jr! I really have to admire how he took the actions he had to take to get back to victory lane, and didn't point the finger at anybody on the way. Hopefully he gets a few more in order to be in good position when the Chase starts.

I'm not a fanatic. Never really paid a lot of attention to the circuits or individual drivers. But lately, since I've been brewing in the brewshop every weekend, I find myself very entertained by watching NASCAR races on the weekends.

A good race just about fills the brew session and I really enjoy overall production and commentators.

I also gotta believe that amongst those thousands of RV's, there a re a few homebrewers enjoying some HB on Saturday/Sundays.

Anyone else a fan (or growing fan) of the races?

Well, I was really into NASCAR when I was younger and was a huge Dale Earnhardt fan, the day he died was the last time I really watched NASCAR, since then I'll check in on it here and there, but not like I used to.

I'm more of a short track, dirt racing fan, 410 Sprint Cars and the World of Outlaws is where it's at. I ran on a pit-crew for a 410 Sprint for 4 years and loved every minute of it....

I enjoyed going to Knoxville Iowa for the Knoxville Nationals and the local tracks every weekend during my summers in my teen years.

I have dabbled in quarter midgets and I used to race BMX as a kid.

Racing, not NASCAR, has been a huge interest of mine for a long time...

I worked at a Rod and Custom shop and the owner used to collection, rebuild and resell old sprint cars from back in the day and a lot of his cars are in museums and sports bars around the nation.

Last year Bud and Junior part ways. Now Tony and Home Depot. What next Gordon and Dupont? I didn't mind Junior leaving DEI so much. He was in a lousy situation with Teresa. But Tony leaving Gibbs really stinks. I know he's a Chevy guy and he's going to be an owner but it's going to be real weird not seeing Tony in the 20.

Now I have to get all new hats and shirts!:mad: I think Tony did it because he is going to have majority say in what goes on. Gene Haas is serving prison time for tax evasion and I heard it is to much for his wife to handle on her own. I know they get there engines and tranny's from Hendrick so I look for them to compete with Tony on board. I also heard yesterday that tony is going to bring Ryan Newman over with him and there two new sponsors will be UPS and Office Depot. Gordon just extended his contract with dupont 3 more years.

You guys see that group of "heat races" at Indy?

The last 10 lap shoot out was ok. But, other than that, I'd be writing and asking for my money back if I'd bought a ticket for that race.:mad:

Nascar is gonna have to do something with Goodyear. That's two races this year they have screwed up royally.

You guys see that group of "heat races" at Indy?

The last 10 lap shoot out was ok. But, other than that, I'd be writing and asking for my money back if I'd bought a ticket for that race.:mad:

Nascar is gonna have to do something with Goodyear. That's two races this year they have screwed up royally.

Serious-GY needs to go. Time for them to step up to another tire. I'm not a huge NASCAR fan-but I like to see the drama played out on the track.

A couple of racing random thoughts...

I don't think I've received my tickets for the fall race in Charlotte? Need to check on that.

Just noticed that my "local" short track was recently sold (about time, tbh): www.southernnational.net. Looks like SLM's are returning and hopefully the schedule will pick up!

Also just bought tickets to see the World of Outlaws late models in Fayetteville next Friday - can't wait!

A couple of racing random thoughts...

I don't think I've received my tickets for the fall race in Charlotte? Need to check on that.

I Have two brothers that live just outside Charlotte. We always go to the track. But the last couple of years we have just been camping (and partying:mug:) But, we don't buy tickets to the race anymore. A friend brings his projector and sets up a big screen in the campground and we watch the race there. You get the race atmosphere without the race hassle. It's a lot of fun and much more comfortable. And our bathrooms are much cleaner and less crowded. ;) Besides, I don't think the racing is all that good there. But, that's just my opinion.

Also just bought tickets to see the World of Outlaws late models in Fayetteville next Friday - can't wait!

I think these guys are going to be back in Charlotte this fall. I'm going to try to go. I watched it on Speed last year and it looked like some good racing.

Besides, I don't think the racing is all that good there. But, that's just my opinion.
Lately it hasn't been, that's for sure, at least at the fall race. But hope springs eternal and I go to the shorttrack a lot more, anyways.
I think these guys are going to be back in Charlotte this fall. I'm going to try to go. I watched it on Speed last year and it looked like some good racing.
Aren't they having a full weekend at the dirttrack? Should be worthwhile.

Between that, the cup races, and now the dragstrip, I'd be about broke if I lived closer than 3 hrs.

Well, it was a fun race to watch...though the ending was kind of like kissing your sister.

Kyle Bush looked great until he got caught up in Junior's dumb@ss move.

Lagano had a pretty good run. 18 friggin years old and racing at Daytona. My guess is a few more years on the circuit, and he'd have been able to avoid that wreck.

It was nice to see them back on the track. I'll agree that was a dumb @ss move buy Junior. But Vickers move to block him wasn't that much brighter. I'm glad the first signs of spring are here.

I'm beginning to hate restrictor plate races. I takes a team effort to pass. And the only way to avoid being passed is to block. I can't wait til Martinsville & Bristol. That's real racing.

I think what made the JR. move so bone-headed is that he did it while both he and Vickers were a lap down and in front of the field full of good cars that had legitimate chances to win. And it was in the middle of the race. I mean if you are going to punt a guy that's blocking, then do it on the last turn of the last lap going for the win.

But, I'm sure their will be payback before the season is over. And when it happens the beer cans will rain down from the stands...

NASCAR is my sport. Yep just wait for the paybacks. I was gald to see Kenseth win. That's the SWMBO's driver. I watched all 3 races. The Bud Shootout. Trucks are always great.

I am HUGE Nascar fan and being in MA I feel so ALONE! My dad took me to the Daytona 500 in 85 when Bill Elliot won and I have been hooked ever since.

Crazy stat of the night for me was that Roush never had a winner at Daytona until last night. When I thought about it, it made sense, but I guess you just 'assume' he had won there before. I think he will have a lot more wins there in the future.

Looking forward to what I think will be a great season.

Yeah, nothing goes better with a brew session on cold winters days like a truck race, a nationwide or a sprint cup race. Towards the later summer days I drift away cuz the pool's open and it's BBQ season.

I'm beginning to hate restrictor plate races. I takes a team effort to pass. And the only way to avoid being passed is to block. I can't wait til Martinsville & Bristol. That's real racing.

I think what made the JR. move so bone-headed is that he did it while both he and Vickers were a lap down and in front of the field full of good cars that had legitimate chances to win. And it was in the middle of the race. I mean if you are going to punt a guy that's blocking, then do it on the last turn of the last lap going for the win.

But, I'm sure their will be payback before the season is over. And when it happens the beer cans will rain down from the stands...

Im not saying what Little E did was right, however They were both racing for the lucky dog and they both knew that rain was coming. They did not know that the race was going to be rained out so they were fighting to be on the lead lap if it was just a delay. It was just a stupid move on both parts and the best car of the day was taken out because of it.

They were both wrong. When you are a lap down and up near the leaders at a plate race, you don't race aggressively.

Jr. said that he had a run on him and Vickers should have let him go. He's right.

Vickers said that Jr. didn't race him clean coming back up the track and that was wrong and dangerous too. He's right.

I doubt that Dale had thoughts of the 2006 Talladega race, but I am sure their racing is going to get interesting.

Back