Any Interest In 2nd Annual Michigan Predators' Brewday?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good! I'd like to see your junk again.

Do you still have that coffee urn HLT?

yeah but i usually only use it now in the winter when i brew inside since i got a 10g boil kettle for christmas last year. HH's outlets didn't seem to be able to handle the power (wattage) needed to run it efficiently.

Anyone have plans for what beer they might make? I haven't decided yet, I have something like a belgian single in mind unless I end up making it sooner. I'll try to make it easy for myself and measure out everything beforehand which I don't often do. I was thinking a large plastic pill case could be really convenient for holding measured hop additions.

If anyone comes up short on ingredients I am willing to lend some, I have briess 2row, pils, pale ale malt, many specialty grains, an assortment of liquid and dry yeast and an ounce or more of as many hop varieties as I could find to order, and 8-16 oz of some popular ones. Might bring some DME too just in case.

I'm not brewing. I have enough stuff to haul to stay away for a week, and we're bringing our small car. We're staying in Manistique Sunday night, Bellaire Monday night, Traverse City Tuesday night, and then wherever we want on Wednesday. Thursday is Grand Rapids, Friday is Muskegon, and Saturday will be at HH's. We'll head directly home on Sunday morning.

Bob and I will be bringing a porketta. I'll bring a slow cooker, and either make it Friday night or I'll have to get it cooking on Saturday once we get to HH's. I hope that's ok.

Just watched "Locally Buzzed" tonight. If it comes to a theater by you, its worth a watch. It basically highlights Michigan Brewing Culture.

yeah but i usually only use it now in the winter when i brew inside since i got a 10g boil kettle for christmas last year. HH's outlets didn't seem to be able to handle the power (wattage) needed to run it efficiently.

What happens is that the outlets circuit is usually being loaded pretty heavy by crockpots and roasters, which draw a lot of current, and a large side-by-side frig and two cheezers are already running. Same deal happens with parties-it's a PITA, but since the breaker box is at the far end of the house and the garage is finished, it has been easier to just run a cord from out of the living room if needed. Never fails that I have to reset the breaker to know when I've reached the limit. But I didn't recall the coffee urn issue from last year-did we use an extension cord or just brown out?

Bob and I will be bringing a porketta. I'll bring a slow cooker, and either make it Friday night or I'll have to get it cooking on Saturday once we get to HH's. I hope that's ok.

Whatever happens is fine with me, but are you going to have to keep this thing cold using motels and hotels for a week? That seems to be a lot of bother, and considering your logistical challenges, maybe something that doesn't need to be kept cold AND cooked would be less hassle?

I'm going to make a huge pot of chili with peppers and tomatoes from the garden, and will make home made tortilla chips to go with it. I'll try to keep it on the milder side of brimstone and have an assortment of additives (liquid hot peppers sauces and diced fresh hot peppers) available, so that those who have less tolerance can still have some.

I'm not brewing. I have enough stuff to haul to stay away for a week, and we're bringing our small car. We're staying in Manistique Sunday night, Bellaire Monday night, Traverse City Tuesday night, and then wherever we want on Wednesday. Thursday is Grand Rapids, Friday is Muskegon, and Saturday will be at HH's. We'll head directly home on Sunday morning.

What's your plans for Thursday night in GR? My wife would be out of town so I would love to meet up with you and the hubby.

What's your plans for Thursday night in GR? My wife would be out of town so I would love to meet up with you and the hubby.

No plans- We'd love to meet up with you!!!!!! We haven't even made motel reservations in GR yet. We wanted to go to Founders and Hopcat. But no real plans.

PM me your phone number, and plan on meeting up with us. :mug:

News Update:

I have a few craft brew loving friends and an extract brewer (and newer HBT member-username unknown) coming, and the Kid called to say he's showing up Friday Night and staying thru Sunday morning. That is noteworthy in that he's been extremely busy with school, Friday is my birthday, and he's never been around to see anyone brewing.

Chili and home cooked tortilla chips for Saturday, possibly a dip from Z, and Sunday morning is breakfast burritos-make your own.

Considering a bonfire for Saturday night, for those staying late or staying overnight. It appears that the weather may allow.

Dogs allowed. Kids not allowed. We party.

If you are planning to come earlier than Saturday morning let me know as we may decide to go to dinner with Jon for my birthday Friday night.

well now you have my HBT Username.... can i use your fire pit during the day to smoke some foods?

Can't wait to meet you all and do some brain picking...

think i'll be bringing some pulled pork(no bbq sauce) just spices and chopped onions in it.

leaning toward doing a lager brew( maybe another of my budclone(sorta))
i'll have a sixer of it with me for sampling and maybe some of my brew from mayday in GR, it's really bitter from not bringing water with me and trying to doctor the local source.

I'll be bring some of the brew I did last May too.
Thought of bringing some of my smoked pulled pork but if that's what you're bringing I'll go back to my first plan and bring my smoker. May do up some ribs.

I'll be bring some of the brew I did last May too.
Thought of bringing some of my smoked pulled pork but if that's what you're bringing I'll go back to my first plan and bring my smoker. May do up some ribs.

Well, I'm ALSO bringing pork! I'm bringing porketta roast, because Xiang and Henry Hill and Z liked it so much at my house. I'll be cooking it in the slow cooker Friday night or Saturday morning.

Page: the fire pit is yours for the day, but I get it back for the night.

Troy, Erik, Lorena: I don't see how we can have too much pork; in fact, I hope there's somebody bringing bacon-wrapped-something and a couple marinated loins. I bet that coleslaw will come in handy for topping the pork-maybe I should put some on my shopping list...

The count down is on! I'll be there 5 hours after I drag my lazy ass out of bed. HH if coleslaw is something I can buy premade near your place I'll pick that up.

John

Page: the fire pit is yours for the day, but I get it back for the night.

Troy, Erik, Lorena: I don't see how we can have too much pork; in fact, I hope there's somebody bringing bacon-wrapped-something and a couple marinated loins. I bet that coleslaw will come in handy for topping the pork-maybe I should put some on my shopping list...
At the May brew day I did up two different stuffed breakfast sausage wrapped in a bacon blanket and the cream cheese stuffed peppers in bacon.
Thought about doing the peppers again. Who knows, I may do that too. Pork and beer just go so good together. :D

The count down is on! I'll be there 5 hours after I drag my lazy ass out of bed. HH if coleslaw is something I can buy premade near your place I'll pick that up.

John

'I'm gonna have to go ahead and give you directions; that'd be great.'

If you'd like: there is an IGA grocery store (igga to us) halfway between the highway and the RR tracks/center of town (not even a half mile) on what will be your left-deli/meat counter center rear of store.

Im in for sure!!! Jen and I only have the babysitter hurdle to clear. At this point its just a matter of who gets to take the kids, not that we can't find one.

As for bacon wrapped, I was planning on bringing my bacon wrapped stuffed jalepenos again this year.

I will be brewing.....don't know what yet.

Im in for sure!!! Jen and I only have the babysitter hurdle to clear. At this point its just a matter of who gets to take the kids, not that we can't find one.

As for bacon wrapped, I was planning on bringing my bacon wrapped stuffed jalepenos again this year.

I will be brewing.....don't know what yet.

Sounds great! Can I be your assistant brewer? I'm dying to brew, but have nothing with me at all!

The good news is my wife got out of going to the firefighters competition!

The bad news is, she got tickets to the Michigan game instead.

The owner immediately recognized a very rare opp. and let her get out of the work trip. But he was in a very good mood this time. Must have found some local P$%&y or something. I guess even old guys need love if they can afford it.

Yeah if I were single. Weird thing is, my wife will not bother to watch a college football game on TV, but she is super excited to actually go to the stadium and watch it.

Oh, and did I mention my BIL got tickets from the Navy and we are set to tailgate with the Navy before the game?? (And if things go well I might get to stop at Jolly Pumpkin or Arbor Brewing after the game).

I have it on good authority that on Saturday, September 18th, 2010, there will be a parade on the main street of Perry, MI. This street is actually M-52, the road that you will take coming from anywhere but the South or Southeast, in your travel from I-69 to my house.

My source for this information could not tell me when this parade will CLOSE THE STREET TO THRU TRAFFIC, but assigned an 11:00 or 12:00 time frame for this to occur. I do not know for sure if you can detour around the center of town and avoid this congestion, or if you will be behooved to sit in your car and damn your bad luck. It seemingly will not be closed for an extended period of time, but it may pay you dividends to arrive at my house before 11:00, for your sake, and the sake of those around you when your car comes to a halt, should they not allow a divergent lane of traffic.

This sucks I know, but it doesn't effect me, so I don't really care.

I take it you will be participating in the parades "Special Attraction" as one half of the "Senior Citizen King & Queen" with today being your milestone birthday and all? ;)

Happy Birthday HH and thank you for the heads up on the parade.

I take it you will be participating in the parades "Special Attraction" as one half of the "Senior Citizen King & Queen" with today being your milestone birthday and all? ;)

Happy Birthday HH and thank you for the heads up on the parade.

If I go anywhere, it will be to take Yoop and Bob to MBC for a Brewhouse and Cellar Room tour.

I can hardly wait to get there! I hope I can sleep tonight, it feels like Christmas when I was 8.

John

Doctor Henry says: Take 2 Vitamin S and drive over in the morning.

Back