Any greater toronto area homebrewers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roobiedoobiedoo

Reaction score
Like the title says, I'm wondering if there's any homebrewers from Toronto or the GTA on here? We seem to be lacking clubs. It would be great to find more people who brew and enjoy good beer.

Used to be in TO, packed up and moved to North Bay earlier this year. I'm sure the guys at the Toronto brewing supplies store know about the local clubs, love that place.

Well I'm only about to start my third, but I've definetly caught the homebrew bug. When you realize you just had a dream about sparging, you know you're in deep. Nice screen name btw.

There's the SOBs (Southern Ontario Brewers) who are an online club that don't really have regular meetings, but they do arrange some excellent bulk buys. Sign up for an account at areyouansob.com

There are some groups that meet monthly, like the Durham Homebrewers Club (DHC) and others that meet whenever they can organize a date (GTA Brews)... I think you can look them both up on facebook -- they are both currently "open" groups.

Guelph here, but I work in Oakville. There's a club in Cambelleville I believe, but I'm not a member.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Home Brew mobile app

If there's any relatively new homebrewers in the GTA who'd like to start a group, private message me. If I get a few people interested maybe we can meet up, try each other's brews, share advice etc.

I am in the GTA and just started brewing (Currently in the Annex downtown) few days away from my first keg of imperial IPA!

Starting a little group would be a great idea as from reading it seems we are missing out on trading bottles of beer with one another and just generally hanging out!!

I've heard about gta brews a couple times now. I just got a mentorship through brauhaus t.o. If anyone wants to just start up something small, I'm game for that too.

Hey Everyone,

I think a few might people have already joined the club through this thread but I just wanted to jump in and introduce the club anyways.

GTA Brews is a relatively new club to Toronto, almost a year old now with 160 members and rising. We've been meeting pretty much monthly since April 2013. We get together at someone's house and sample the homebrew that people bring. We also brew a beer during these meetings to expose people to different people's brewing processes, all while sampling the brew from the previous meeting.

Anyone interested in homebrewing is welcome.

You can join us here to find out about events or participate in the homebrew related chatter.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/GTA.Brews/

Cheers,
Eric

I belong to the Durham Homebrewers Club. We have almost 300 members from Toronto, Pickering, Whitby, Oshawa, Courtice, Uxbridge and Pontypool.

Our members are friendly, and skill ranges from newbie to Canadian Armature Brewer of the Year!!

We meet monthly on the last Saturday of the month. Checkout the group facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/156326944418568/events/

Back