Any franchise QB's coming out this year?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

F250

Reaction score
As a lowly Chiefs fan this is about all I care about right now, besides available GM's and coaching staffs. Anyway, who's the best QB prospect in the draft this year?

Rick:eek:

WalterFootball.com has Geno Smith as the next Chiefs QB.

Lotta hype surrounding Smith these days, but in the games I've seen he was so so. I like Wilson from Arkansas and maybe Glennon from NC State.

Time will tell but I'm sure our next GM will take a QB early.

Rick

If I was still a Chiefs fan (was a fan 1963-1969), I'd want Te'o, put money into the offensive line, then consider a QB.
The 80's Redskins and The Hogs featured Canadian Football League Theismann, minor league catcher Schroeder, 6th rounder Rypien, and journeyman Williams.
Tom Brady was a 6th rounder.
Johnny Unitas was a 9th rounder.
Bart Starr was a 17th rounder.
Kurt Warner, Tony Romo and Warren Moon were undrafted. (As well as non-QB Chiefs Priest Holmes and Brian Waters.)

Weak class, but the flip side is, it seems to be a lot easier for QBs to make a quick impact nowadays. At this time last year, were people talking about Tannehill or Wilson being rookie starters?

Todd McShay makes this point:

Last edited by a moderator:
Tannehill, Wilson, and Weeden are kind of "acceptable." There won't likely be a class with an RG3 and a Luck in it again anytime in the near future. Those guys are all-time great caliber guys.

The problem with Weedon is he's old. I think Tannehill will be more than acceptable in a few years, but that's still not the sort of guy you'd take #1 overall.

The Chiefs got a better QB for the 33rd pick than is available in the draft at #1. Congratulations. Now draft someone to protect him.

Good move by the Chiefs, though I think they could have gotten Smith for less than they paid; not sure anybody else would have given that much.

That being said, I wish Alex nothing but the best. He's been a solid class guy from day one, and had seemed to really figure things out the last two years. No way he doesn't make an impact for KC.

And yeah, two good draft picks for him makes me happy.

Smith is a game manager who works best throwing about 25 times a game. That's just one half for Andy Reid. Chiefs fans, you're going to hate Reid in a few years if not this year. Enjoy pulling your hair out when it's 4th and 2, you need a TD to win, Reid has no timeouts, there's 3 minutes to go in the 4th and he elects to punt.

I'm glad he's out of Philly and I'd be upset if I were a Chiefs fan. Smith isn't a bad QB, but the Chiefs overpaid for him and Reid is not going to use him correctly.

I think Smith could and hopefully will fit in well with that Chiefs team. They have some top notch defensive players and if they plug in some role players they could have a great defense. Would be crazy good if they could swing a potential trade for Revis (with a restructured contract) for the number one pick. He may be better than anyone they can get, unless they want that tackle which is a big possibility. A Chiefs team with a stout defense with Jamaal Charles running well, perhaps Bowe hanging around, and Alex Smith managing the s*** out of the game should be a playoff team.

I agree with the earlier comment we should invest back in the O-Line. Doesn't matter who the QB is if he has defenders in his face immediately after the snap.

Back