Any brewers In the Suffolk area of England?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great, how big is your garage?

I got lucky and got quite a large garage...2 car plus its pretty deep. I use it as a woodworking shop and where i store my beer stuff...I actually moved the kegerator to another building on the property, we have a 12x14 "summer cottage I turned into a bar/poker room. The garage can be an awesome place to brew if we can plan a day/ I can get pretty much all of us in there brewing and I got a space heater if it gets cold. Does everyone have a propane burner?

I got lucky and got quite a large garage...2 car plus its pretty deep. I use it as a woodworking shop and where i store my beer stuff...I actually moved the kegerator to another building on the property, we have a 12x14 "summer cottage I turned into a bar/poker room. The garage can be an awesome place to brew if we can plan a day/ I can get pretty much all of us in there brewing and I got a space heater if it gets cold. Does everyone have a propane burner?

I have a propane burner and used to brew all winter in the garage. Would great to have a mass brew day. I have a 25 gal kettle to do triple batches as well. So even a few of us can split a big batch. Could even pitch different yeasts and compare later.

Does anyone have some spare bottlrs they could part with? I need about six so I can bottle up a couple from the keg for later. Much appreciated.

Glad I found this post! I PCS to Mildenhall on Sunday. ALLLLLL the way from Spangdahlem, Germany :) Been stationed here for 7 years and I've been brewing for at least 5 of those.

All grain brewer, yeast manipulator, and water geek.

I've got a couple home recipes that I'd love to share and get some critiques on.

Anyway I also keg my beers (with the option to fill bottles with the blichmann beer gun) and It would be cool to have a brew session/hangout with the potential of starting a club.

I just handed out a Red IPA as a going away gift to quite a few people. One of the feedbacks I got was "dude, I think I love you" so that's always good I guess. Once my household goods show up and I get settled in we'll have to put something together!

Glad I found this post! I PCS to Mildenhall on Sunday. ALLLLLL the way from Spangdahlem, Germany :) Been stationed here for 7 years and I've been brewing for at least 5 of those.

I've got a couple home recipes that I'd love to share and get some critiques on.

Anyway I also keg my beers (with the option to fill bottles with the blichmann beer gun) and It would be cool to have a brew session/hangout with the potential of starting a club.

I just handed out a Red IPA as a going away gift to quite a few people. One of the feedbacks I got was "dude, I think I love you" so that's always good I guess. Once my household goods show up and I get settled in we'll have to put something together!

Hey man, nice to meet you. I just got back from deployment, ordered a few ingredients and plan on making a few brews when the stuff arrives from 'Murica. I have been kit brewing the last few years in between deployments, but want to move to AG, was wondering if anyone wanted to come by and show me the ropes...I got the space in the garage, I don't have a propane burner yet, was waiting to see the AG process before I invest more money into the hobby. I got the next couple of weekends booked up with vacations with the family, but I have some time this week on R&R we might be able to make work. Let me know, I'd really like to start meeting up as a group.

Yeah, we intended to stay a club and didn't get properly motivated I suppose. I am still up for a brew day. But am leaving soonish.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Home Brew mobile app

Hey man, nice to meet you. I just got back from deployment, ordered a few ingredients and plan on making a few brews when the stuff arrives from 'Murica. I have been kit brewing the last few years in between deployments, but want to move to AG, was wondering if anyone wanted to come by and show me the ropes...I got the space in the garage, I don't have a propane burner yet, was waiting to see the AG process before I invest more money into the hobby. I got the next couple of weekends booked up with vacations with the family, but I have some time this week on R&R we might be able to make work. Let me know, I'd really like to start meeting up as a group.

Well I found a house in Bury St Edmunds but it's not available until May 1st. So my brewing supplies will be unavailable until then but I'd be happy to come brew with someone if they need some help. By any off chance do any of you live in Bury? The house i looked at had a homebrewer living in it oddly enough...(Westley road)

And one gallon batches!!? What a waste of time! Unless you're splitting batches up with different yeasts or something i can't imagine doing all that work for 1 gallon.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Star San is expensive, might as well order to your apo.

As far as the 1 gallon thing, I get it. I do tens, but I get it. He enjoys brewing and wants a huge assortment. He has one of those 5l mini keg kegerator.
Corny kegs are expensive here.

I used to order from brouland in Belgium and they carried starsan as well for what its worth. Yeah i get the desire for assortment too....but still one gallon is an awfully small amount of beer :)

I agree. If I were to do small batches, I would do three gal. It would fill three of those mini kegs with the same amount of effort.

So I'm gathering from this thread that most of you had to get an adapter to run a UK cO2 bottle? I actually ditched my cO2 bottle before I left germany because it was expired and not cost worthy to get re-inspected. Are there places that I can either buy/rent one? And is that adapter that you guys bought what is needed to hook up to a US sized regulator?

Beautiful beers rents co2 cans at a decent price. As for the adapter you will have to ask the others on here, I inherited a UK gas regulator.

I will sell my UK chest freezer for 40 quid, if any one is interested. The temp controller parts for 20. I would even throw in the regulator if you take both, however it is on its last legs. I am not parting with the perlicks.

I will sell my UK chest freezer for 40 quid, if any one is interested. The temp controller parts for 20. I would even throw in the regulator if you take both, however it is on its last legs. I am not parting with the perlicks.

Interested in the temp controller and parts if I could use it in my fermentation chamber.

So I'm gathering from this thread that most of you had to get an adapter to run a UK cO2 bottle? I actually ditched my cO2 bottle before I left germany because it was expired and not cost worthy to get re-inspected. Are there places that I can either buy/rent one? And is that adapter that you guys bought what is needed to hook up to a US sized regulator?

I have a US regulator. I bought this (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Co2-Regul...261?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2331541c7d) and switched out the nut on it with the one on the US regulator. The stems aren't the same size, but an extra silicone washer with teflon tape and I haven't had any issue with leaks.

Working backwards here... Welcome to the UK. I'm also an AG brewer, been doing so for a bit over a year. I'm at RAF Molesworth, so a bit aways from the rest of you, but I'm very interested in getting a club-like thing started. I would have no issue hosting, but I'm a good 45-60 mins from all of you.

As far as supplies. Beautiful beers is pretty decent for a local HBS, but I suggest using either Brew UK (http://www.brewuk.co.uk/store/) or Home Brew Company (http://www.thehomebrewcompany.co.uk/) if you're interested in buying in bulk. FYI, the 25 kg bags of pearl from Brew UK are Fawcetts, which I believe is better for American style beers than Maris Otter. I get most of my hops from Yakima valley which ships USPS Priority pretty cheap.

Working backwards here... Welcome to the UK. I'm also an AG brewer, been doing so for a bit over a year. I'm at RAF Molesworth, so a bit aways from the rest of you, but I'm very interested in getting a club-like thing started. I would have no issue hosting, but I'm a good 45-60 mins from all of you.

As far as supplies. Beautiful beers is pretty decent for a local HBS, but I suggest using either Brew UK (http://www.brewuk.co.uk/store/) or Home Brew Company (http://www.thehomebrewcompany.co.uk/) if you're interested in buying in bulk. FYI, the 25 kg bags of pearl from Brew UK are Fawcetts, which I believe is better for American style beers than Maris Otter. I get most of my hops from Yakima valley which ships USPS Priority pretty cheap.

I agree about Brewuk, but I do like MO. It really fills up my pale ales and Bitters.

I will pm you on the controller.

Any of your guys still around? Just stumbled on this post stationed at rafm living on Rafl.

Any of your guys still around? Just stumbled on this post stationed at rafm living on Rafl.

I am..unfortunately i kinda lost track of this thread....sorry guys...really busy at my unit on mildenhall..I live out iin Brandon still would like to do a brew day...still have a pretty good size garage we can brew in, i'm still a kit brewer, deployed too much and gonna wait til i pcs back to the states before I get into AG...let me know if you want to brew one day.

where do you work at Mildenhall? I just ordered the last of the AG equipment so that should be fun.

Im still here too...we just had our second kid so brewing has been nonexistent but I just ordered my ingredients for my Oatmeal raisin cookie Amber (all grain). Not sure when the brew day is but I have an idea for a centrally located meet up spot. Beautiful beers every first Friday of the month they hold a homebrewers meeting. Anyone down to attend?

Haven't brewed in a while. Drinking less to lose weight, so I haven't been on the board much to resist the temptation. If I have nothing else going on, I may be able to make the drive out that way to Beautiful Beers.

any of you guys still here? i need some help with the water report for east anglia, hoping one of you guys would have the missing numbers i need like magnesium and bicarbonate?!?

Back