Anvil Foundry with Steam Slayer vs. Spike Solo with condenser lid

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Presbrewterian Pastor

Man’s sweat + God’s love = Beer
Reaction score
Thread title says it all. I'll need to go with one of those options for brewing indoors. If I don't go with the Solo I'll go with the 10.5 gal Foundry. Both options are within reach financially so just trying to discern pros and cons, especially of the Steam Slayer. Anyone using it? What do you think?

The Anvil Foundry doesn't produce all that much steam using 110v power. The Steam Slayer is a plug and play add-on with the extra hardware that Bobby also provides. However, just don't expect to get your AF until May or later. I don't know what shipping is like for the Spike.

I have used the Steam Slayer for two brews so far on my Anvil Foundry. Works great! No complaints. Though the 120v only boils off about half a gallon per hour, that’s still more than I want to dump into my ceiling and walls.

4E204018-8BA2-4474-BA0F-EE6636910168.jpeg

I have used the Steam Slayer for two brews so far on my Anvil Foundry. Works great! No complaints. Though the 120v only boils off about half a gallon per hour, that’s still more than I want to dump into my ceiling and walls.

View attachment 718488
Looking to do exactly this as I’ll be brewing in the basement & don’t want to add a hood, etc. What other parts were needed for this setup in addition to the steam slayer?

Back