Another Texan

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emerex

Reaction score
I been on the forum a while, but never actually introduced myself.

My name's Justin, I'm 28. I live in The Colony, just north of dallas (suburb) and I been in to brewing for about 8 months or so now. But most of that time was spent researching and gathering equipment. I'm one of those people who can't do anything small, so I imagine one day my home brewery will be a monster! (Can't stop searching through the all electric brewing threads). I've only actually brewed 2 beers so far, a franzaskaner clone, and an American Red. The first should be ready to drink when I get home (I work out of state for weeks at a time) and the second should be ready to bottle. CAN'T WAIT!!!!! This went from hobby to obsession in record time!

welcome to the obsession from another texan. drinking an american red right now, and kegging more of the same now also :D

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I feel like I should make a "Texas is the best" comment, but, nothing is coming to mind. :/

welcome to the site. If I decide to move to the area I'll be glad to keg that one for you since my pipeline will be dry:mad:. Just an offer:D

Thats a hell of an offer! I'll start looking at real estate and get back to you!

Welcome Tex! Come see us when you are in Houston or online for that matter.

I'll absolutely do that! My brother lives there I'll swing by next time I come to visit!

Well welcome Jenna! You'll find a lot of good folks here who have been more than willing to answer any stupid question I have had!

Bdeck - are you part of an association around here? I'd really like to get in with some other brewers to learn with and bounce ideas off of!

Lumpher,

I just recently brewed my first american red. It was supposed to be a clone of Yukon Arctic Red that I randomly tried from a recipe book. But I made a happy mistake and used less water than the recipe called for, so it concentrated about 10% or so and MAN IS IT AWESOME. It's my pride and joy. I needed that, my first batch was a Franziskaner clone and it turned out to be pretty awful. I didnt have any temp control when I made it :(. But this new stuff is amazing!

Latest posts

Back