Another reason why some "beer snobs" are idiots.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its a sad state of affairs...and is the specific mind set of certain groups in Boston, I'll add.

"Anything remotely offensive needs to be censored for the greater good of the community."

Nobody can take a joke any more. Humility is extinct.

I believe it's more like the old country song "mind yer own business! mind yer own business & ya won't have time for mine"!

Im offended that Flying Dog named a beer "Raging *****". Nobody from Flying Dog EVER contacted my wife about naming a beer after her.

i don't know what you guys do when you get drunk, but beer always leads to sex for me. or at least whacking off, in which case i'm glad to have pictures on my beer already. i think beer and sex go hand in hand. one hand for the beer and one for... well you get it

You guys seen this one yet? Say what you want about Clown Shoes, but I'll never drink this beer. (And I like Caldera IPA!)

vas_deferens.jpg

You guys seen this one yet? Say what you want about Clown Shoes, but I'll never drink this beer. (And I like Caldera IPA!)
Love the IPA, and Caldera's amber is fantastic. I really want to try the Vas Deferens, but the $10/bomber keeps encouraging me to try something else. I really need to buy a bottle just to send to a friend. That was the name of his high school band.

Great documentary on directv tonight about the f word and now this. TV evangelists running for president, dogs and cats making love in the streets, sexy women and beer, err, wait, err, WHAT?! And it's based on his wife? The whole idea of "offensive language or visual" disgusts me. I hate snobs...

Last edited by a moderator:
Write the brewer a letter explaining why you don't like their labels and move on by not buying them. Beeradvocate would rate piss an A+ if it was in a dead squirrel or released like darklord, complaining to them about something being offensive is like having a debate on ebaumsworld.

You know what I find the saddest thing about this BA article? The last comment where Jason locks the thread, and the comment he makes...

"Do I like the Clown Shoes branding? Not really, though I am not going to ban them from our fests or stop drinking their beer minus their latest creation ... sorry not going to order a beer called lubrication. Seems to me that Clown Shoes is getting exactly what they are looking for ... free press."

This guy runs the damn site, and he won't buy a beer based on the friggin' name. I don't mean to harp on the guy; I'm sure he does wonders for the craft beer world and is well respected, but to me this really just proves the OP's point.

Another thing that erks me about beer snobs is that they can't drink a beer that has 'floaties'. At least as they become more educated about beer (usually via homebrewing or homebrewers), they grow out of this.

I agree with that about Jason, it's a little disappointing to see.

People that pis* and moan about trivial things annoy me. If you don't like it move on! I can't stand the beer snobs, the wine snobs and the list goes on.... Too many people have an elitist attitude about things. I am guessing to make up for something lacking in their life or to make themselves feel more "special".

I hope they don't like hot sauce because some of those labels are pretty "colorful". It's all marketing and all in good fun. I guess some people don't like fun.

The saying "misery loves company" comes to mind!

I hope they don't like hot sauce because some of those labels are pretty "colorful". It's all marketing and all in good fun. I guess some people don't like fun.

The saying "misery loves company" comes to mind!

Heh Colon Blow, Uncle Jerry's Mustard Gas, Smack My Ass and Call Me Sally. There are some good ones.

I am my own beer advocate, therefore I don't need to read peoples reviews on beeradvocate.com.

I am my own movie advocate, therefore I don't take into considerations the ratings on rottentomatoes.com

That's just me though. We got off on homebrewing the way some people get off on reviewing other peoples beer. To each his own i suppose.

I am my own beer advocate, therefore I don't need to read peoples reviews on beeradvocate.com.

I am my own movie advocate, therefore I don't take into considerations the ratings on rottentomatoes.com

That's just me though. We got off on homebrewing the way some people get off on reviewing other peoples beer. To each his own i suppose.

I understand/agree with what you're saying, but I have learned a lot from the reviews on BA and sought out some fine ales as a result. I think I've picked up some useful vocabulary from reading well done reviews on the site as well. I totally know what you mean about review-freaks, just another fun hobby in a world full of fun hobbies.

Thats hilarious. I wonder what the moral beer police would think of this label. Tell me she isnt holding that snake like she knows what she is doing.

image-1929511723.png

i dont think that post makes that person a beer snob. i think it makes them an idiot.

Yep. He obviously thinks his opinions actually matter to others. He's gravely mistaken.

Me, if a beer tastes bad, I don't buy it. Plain & simple. I also don't frequent pubs who won't let you taste a beer before buying it.

vas_deferens.jpg
Sorry for the late bump, but since my last post I've purchased a bomber of this, and just found out today that it's getting served on tap at Bend Brewfest.*

I'm still going to have to make the trek to Ashland to try their other stuff on tap, but this is a tastily inappropriate beverage.

*not quite the list of Oregon Brewers Fest, but still a great lineup, and my club got asked to volunteer at this one, so we're getting t-shirts, mugs & tokens to talk beer with the public :D

Back