Another noob, got my 1st kit today...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtbcoach

Reaction score
My wife and daughters gave me my first homebrew kit today for my birthday. Been thinking about doing this for many years, the family gave me the kick in the rear to get going.

Lots of reading to do, lots of studying to do, more reading and I hope to get things going later this week.

They gave me a "True Brew, Gold Kit" for equipment and a "True Brew Double IPA all malt" ingredient kit.

All I need is another obsessive hobby to get started on, here we go...:mug:

Brew it tomorrow. Most of the wait should be while its fermenting. Welcome to the board! Merry Christmas

Welcome neighbor. Apex here.

First, come downtown and meet Tim at the apex beer dispensary and buy some beers to drink for inspiration while your first one is cooking. His prices and selection are better than any craft brew stores locally. Sams Quik Trip in Durham has a phenomenal selection as well but it is just too hard to get to.

Welcome neighbor. Apex here.

First, come downtown and meet Tim at the apex beer dispensary and buy some beers to drink for inspiration while your first one is cooking. His prices and selection are better than any craft brew stores locally. Sams Quik Trip in Durham has a phenomenal selection as well but it is just too hard to get to.

Thanks for the suggestions and welcome.

Part of the "gift" was a discount shirt from Bull City Homebrew. I've been down to American Brewmaster (to fill my CO2 tank I use when off-roading) but not stepped into the Bull City store. My wife works in RTP, I can only assume it was close to her sneaking out a lunch time to pick the package up. I also work in Durham so it might be easy for me to get to as well...

Back