Another "Look at my first batch in the fermenter" post.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewcrhs

Reaction score
But this one is mine! Brewed the fairly simple "Light Ale" extract kit from More Beer that came with the equipment kit I got for Christmas/birthday. I did change the hop schedule a little from what it said though, felt a little adventurous. Recipe said .5oz for 60 minutes, then 1oz for 1 minute (Est IBU 12-16); I decided, I like a hoppier and more bitter, lets add .75oz for 60 minutes. Then also put half the remaining .75oz in at 15 minutes too get some more hop flavor (QBrew gives estimated 27 IBU). Only thing that "went wrong" during the brew process was the rubber hose popping off the copper wort cooler when I turned on the water (check your clamps, especially on new equipment!) and sprayed my bathroom pretty good. OG looks to be 1.042. Anyway, picture:
tumblr_kvhgrjC9hh1qzvkejo1_500.jpg

Just wanted to say, I have had about a million and a half questions while this is sitting in primary, but search has answered all of them. Good job Home Brew Talk!

yea...its in a spare room (not a bathroom? ha) that no one really goes in, and is wearing a tshirt to protect it.

Back