Another first AG!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davebl

Reaction score
I'm in the middle of my first All Grain!

I am doing BM's Centennial Blone and so far it's going great.

Collected the first runnings, SG at 1.070, now I'm starting a double batch sparge. I also mashed with 2.5 gallons of water, hit all my temps perfectly, and got just a smidge over 2 gallons on the 1st runnings.

How can I compute my eff for my setup?

BTW, AG isn't nearly as complicated as it seemed a month ago. This board has been great!

Welcome to the club! I'll be brewing my 2nd AG tomorrow. There is a formula for calculating your efficiency, but you'd be better off using a sofware such as Beersmith (it's free for 20 days). I don't have the formula with me as I am at work, but perhaps someone else here could post that for you. GL!

Just finished mashing and sparging.

i was shooting for 7 gallons of wort to boil down.... ended up with 7.08 gallons.

Now I am REALLY excited. Starting the boil right now....

All said and cleaned up. Hit my OG perfectly but was about an 1/8th of a gallon shy of my target volume. Oh well.

Overall, I am really excited about AG and much more confident in my brewing. It took a full afternoon, but that's half the fun anyways.

Thanks to BierMuncher for the recipe and everyone else for all of the collective knowledge on this board.

Back