• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Another Ebay deal - 1/2 inch Silicone tubing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The UPS man just dropped mine off a couple minutes ago. The stuff is definitely a little stiffer than what I had been using from the LHBS. That's a very GOOD thing in my book. The other stuff was too floppy and prone to swelling up like a balloon if you gave some backpressure.

edit: wow.... it arrived about 38 hours after I ordered it.

I missed out on these multiple EBAY auctions. if anybody purchased extra and would be will to sell it, please contact me. I live in PDX and would gladly pay my shipping plus some extra to make it worth your while. I am really looking for 50'. If you have an extra, quote me a price delivered to Portland and we can work something out.

Thanks,

Came across this homebrew store in Wisconsin a few minutes ago. This is the cheapest I've found tubing for sale in a homebrew shop. Maybe this will help someone out.

http://farmhousebrewingsupply.com/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=217

yeah, farmhouse is on this site and has excellent prices on pretty much everything. I don't buy hops form anywhere else anymore.

his ability to ship fast is unreal. I can order a pound of hops form him right now, hundreds of miles away, and I'll probably be able to brew with them on Saturday. It arrives that fast.

I ordered 20 ft of 1/2x5/8" (I think) from usplastics for $29 shipped, if that helps anyone. Got it in 2 days, too.

The UPS man just dropped mine off a couple minutes ago. The stuff is definitely a little stiffer than what I had been using from the LHBS. That's a very GOOD thing in my book. The other stuff was too floppy and prone to swelling up like a balloon if you gave some backpressure.

edit: wow.... it arrived about 38 hours after I ordered it.

Yeah, I got mine in 2 days as well, gotta love that. I used it that same night to keg a porter.
This is the first silicones tubing I have ever used, it was a little stiffer than I expected but I assumed that was due to being 1/2" size and having the thicker 1/8" walls. I love it though, I'll get some 3/8 too and be done with vinyl tubing forever

Yeah, I got mine in 2 days as well, gotta love that. I used it that same night to keg a porter.
This is the first silicones tubing I have ever used, it was a little stiffer than I expected but I assumed that was due to being 1/2" size and having the thicker 1/8" walls. I love it though, I'll get some 3/8 too and be done with vinyl tubing forever

I also received my in 2 days, great product can't wait to put it to use. I will probably also purchase some 3/8.

I bought 100' of this on Tuesday and received it on Thursday. I replaced my lines on Thursday night and brewed with it on Friday. It was really nice to work with as far as flexibility in the cold Ohio weather. What a great find for the price. Thanks.

Bummer.. been checking the past few days for more and no luck. If someone is having a "pay it forward" moment, let me know. I could use about 20-25'. I'm finally freed up at work to start working on a brew setup I intented to build last year - figure I'll start with hoses and camlocks.

bruin_ale said:
Bummer.. been checking the past few days for more and no luck. If someone is having a "pay it forward" moment, let me know. I could use about 20-25'. I'm finally freed up at work to start working on a brew setup I intented to build last year - figure I'll start with hoses and camlocks.

Ditto please 25'

I'll post another thread when I actually get it in the mail, but I got tired of waiting and bought a giant roll at about $1 a foot. I clearly don't need 200', so if anyone is interested at 1.25/ft (my cost)+shipping, let me know.

Wow, great deal! Wish I was on it earlier as it looks like the deals are gone. If someone in the Northwest has some tubing to split up please let me know.

Sheepy. Your PM box is full. How much tubing are you looking for? Me and another guy picked up a few rolls to sell within our local brew club at cost and it looks like there is some left over. Let me know.

Hi All:

Just wanted to say I appreciate that there are some members out there who missed out on the deal and would like to grab some. I don't really have a ton left to sell, and am not really looking to do any distance shipping. I simply offered some to Sheepy as he lives in the town I work in and I could hand carry some to work with me if he needed some.

Sorry for any confusion

I should mention - I emailed the seller from IL about this tubing and he told me he's out and "highly doubts" he'll ever see any more. He advised me he's got 1" OD x 1/2" ID tubing in 10' lengths for $10, but this was a few days ago.

Mike_A said:
I should mention - I emailed the seller from IL about this tubing and he told me he's out and "highly doubts" he'll ever see any more. He advised me he's got 1" OD x 1/2" ID tubing in 10' lengths for $10, but this was a few days ago.

Seems to me that would be better as it should be thicker right?

Seems to me that would be better as it should be thicker right?

Might be - but it'll be less flexible so in some places better others it may be worse. Also, for me it's showing $20 for shipping. That makes the price about $3/ft - so more expensive than what you'd get from the online HB stores.

Sure. I was going to order some of that but I don't know exactly what lengths I need yet, as I'm just starting to spec out components for my brewstand. Anyone who already knows what they need should feel free to contact him.

The email I contacted was nick (at) windy-city-liquidation (dot) com

edit: Yeah, I didn't consider shipping costs since I am close enough for pickup, sorry.

there's a 200ft roll on ebay for $200 + $36 shipping. i only need 50ft. is anyone interested splitting this up if i order it? i would like to find 3 other people to sell the other 150ft to at cost (i was thinking of 3 separate 50ft sections). once i have 3 people who commit, i'll order it and ship it to you at cost (should be around $60 + cheapest shipping method) for 50ft.

You might be able to get it even cheaper with best offer

Im interested if I can get some at 1 per ft shipped

i emailed the guy on ebay to see how he would combine shipping if ordered by the foot. when bought by the foot, it says that he charges over $2 for shipping. so if i ordered 50ft, is it gonna be 50 x $2 or $100 to ship? we'll see, i'm still waiting to hear back from him.
i have 2 people interested so far. if one more person chimes in, i'll just pull the trigger and order the 200ft roll. i'm not looking to make money on this, i just don't want to lose money or end up with 150ft of silicone tubing setting around that i can't use.

I also have an email into the person selling the 1" OD 1/2"ID to get the slower, cheaper shipping on (3) 10' rolls. Thats just what I've been looking for, NO MORE KINKING!!

!CEG-)Yg!2k~$(KGrHqV,!lUEz+18ZEvFBNQ0C+trV!~~0_3.JPG

I was hoping to avoid kinkiness by using bobbym's youtube technique of stretching the tubing over the threads on a street elbow. this avoids the kinking problem and also keeps things at a true 1/2" ID unlike most hose barbs. my concern with the thicker walled tubing you have is whether or not this will be stretchy enough to allow this. i've sent pm to bobby and am waiting to hear back. what's your opinion?

IME an elbow is key but not foolproof. I use a straight fitting on one end and an elbow on the other. Sometimes the straight end will kink, but I feel an elbow wouldn't fit the application either. If you use an elbow with the silicone tubing mentioned here in this thread you will be good for about 90%, and the other 10% just usually takes a little twist to set the tubing in the right direction most of the time. I'm not sure the thicker hose will be any better. It's just in my mind thats what I've been looking for.

Actually, that's the update. The original one that discusses flow rates and the fitting options more specifically is this one:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've contacted cisco_cables from ebay and it sounds like he's getting more 1/2" silicone this Wednesday;
"I am getting another 600 feet of hose on Wednesday, check back on my auctions then."

I've contacted cisco_cables from ebay and it sounds like he's getting more 1/2" silicone this Wednesday;
"I am getting another 600 feet of hose on Wednesday, check back on my auctions then."

Thank you for this update

Back