• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Another Ebay deal - 1/2 inch Silicone tubing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow you can change your setup 10 times for the amount you just bought....

selfish? who I am to judge...

just sayin'

-=Jason=-
I'd call it opportunistic. I held off until the 3rd re-posting of this. If everyone on here hasn't got their share by now, including my friends, then why not stock up just in case? There has been ample time for others to get their share. You snooze you lose.

Besides, at this price, it's cheaper than most 1/2" ID regular hose. I can use it for other things.

I'd call it opportunistic. I held off until the 3rd re-posting of this. If everyone on here hasn't got their share by now, including my friends, then why not stock up just in case? There has been ample time for others to get their share. You snooze you lose.

Besides, at this price, it's cheaper than most 1/2" ID regular hose. I can use it for other things.

edited my post, but still I think 150 is in excess 50' is enough for me to re-do my setup 4 times.

-=Jason=-

I bought 100', to cover all the lines, and have back up lines as well. 20 bucks is not bad at all lol.

Flomaster said:
edited my post, but still I think 150 is in excess 50' is enough for me to re-do my setup 4 times.

-=Jason=-

Bah, I don't see why you're singling me out when there are people that have bought 10, 20, and even more rolls than that. Just look at the sale history from the link I posted. I'd agree I'd be in excess if I bought that much. But really, drilling me for purchasing 3 rolls so I wouldn't have to worry about hose again? With your logic, I could argue that you are "in excess" because you bought more than you could use as well. I never said I "NEEDED" it. Do you NEED your TV/radio/internet/beer? I'd be willing to bet you don't NEED every single thing you buy.

Just sayin'

-=Barrett=-

Bah, I don't see why you're singling me out when there are people that have bought 10, 20, and even more rolls than that. Just look at the sale history from the link I posted. I'd agree I'd be in excess if I bought that much. But really, drilling me for purchasing 3 rolls so I wouldn't have to worry about hose again? With your logic, I could argue that you are "in excess" because you bought more than you could use as well. I never said I "NEEDED" it. Do you NEED your TV/radio/internet/beer? I'd be willing to bet you don't NEED every single thing you buy.

Just sayin'

-=Barrett=-

wow....
"Now to keep my friends from trying to buy it off me, heh."

the above is what provoked me to quote and respond to you. it seemed kind of a dick move seeing how so many guys were ranting and raving about how they missed out on buying just one roll.

then mocking me with -=yournamehere=- and "just sayin'"

edit: and yes i almost want to buy another roll just so I have more then enough, but I don't need it so I'll let some one who actually needs some grab it. and I too paid 2.xx a foot for what I currently have.

to each is own and lets just leave it at that i wont respond anymore and i am removing my subscription from this thread.

-= Jason =-

Wow, different forums, same trolls. I'm done feeding. If you want to talk more, feel free to pm me and I can ignore you there.

i bought 100 feet, too.

I know enough folks that I can resell it for $1/ft and they'll be more than happy to buy it. The stuff is almost $3/ft at the LHBS.

My 100' showed up yesterday. Looks as expected. It's definitely more than I need, but at that price I might as well stock up on it. I needed more now and I never know when I'm going to change/add things to the mix.

Just FYI, if you notice the manufacturers tag, the current stock is in year two of a five year shelf-life. Stockpiling might go past this, especially with hundreds of feet. I don't know how that affects the performance, just thought I'd pass it on.

I saw that too. I'm not too worried about the expiration dates. If the stuff starts falling apart in the box then I guess it would fall apart when using as well, but that doesn't seem to happen. It'll probably last 2-4 years past the expiration date no problem; the dates are there so old product is tossed and more is purchased by the hospitals for no reason other than more profits. :)

Just snagged some... Starting to brew in the kitchen now, and having some extra tubing kicking around will be sweet. Gonna try to get the counterflow chiller going indoors.

Just picked up 50' from the seller (local pickup = no shipping = $.20/ft!!!!!) Now what to do with the $$ I saved?! :)

The seller, Nick, is a nice guy who is trying to figure out why his sales have exploded on this stuff. He said that he was shipping at most 5 packages a day and is now shipping anywhere from 50 to 70 packages a day! He mentioned the sales to New Zealand as well.

He is listing only the tubing he has on hand. (about 75 packages in the back of his car currently.) he won't list more than his current supply, even though he can get more from his supplier. So don't be discouraged if he shows as being sold out. He can get more.

Cheers!

I bought 100', but may end up selling 50' of it to someone on here who can't get any. I don't think I can ever go through it all.

Someone let me know if they are needing it and cannot get it through the ebay auction. I'll sell it for what I got it for + actual shipping costs.

I just spoke with Nick on the phone he said after he ships todays sales out he will count what he has left he said maybe 30 more rolls. I asked at 3/8" and he said he's at the mercy of what ever they give me he has to sell. so no he can't pick and choose. they tell him ok here is what you are selling now and he sells it.

-=Jason=-

My tubing arrived this afternoon. All 100' accounted for. Thanks to the original poster. It's great to get deals like this.

Mine arrived today, also. MUCH LOVE to XXguy for finding this! :mug:

auvyv7.jpg

Thanks - but give the props to bbognerks for pointing out the guy who had both the bigger supply AND lower price !

I'm just glad that lots of HBT members could benefit from this.

Nah we should all thank BrianKeyes. He posted it in another thread and I simply added to this one after xxguy already started it. But thanks though!

I have this tubing but bought it as a whole 50' roll for retail back in 09. It works great for a single tier dual pump system like a Brutus 10. I would like to buy more as this is a great price and so I'm subscribing. I have no remaining tubing left from my original buy.

I am sure you will see this pop up in the classified at a $1.00 per foot or there abouts which is still 2/3 to 1/2 cheaper than the LHBS or online

-=Jason=-

I am sure you will see this pop up in the classified at a $1.00 per foot or there abouts which is still 2/3 to 1/2 cheaper than the LHBS or online

-=Jason=-

It might even show up cheaper than that. I've not yet received mine, but I'm selling some to a few friends for $0.50/foot. I'm not trying to make any money, just sharing the joy. I could sell it for $0.44/foot to be perfectly at cost, but the money is just easier to deal with at $0.50/foot.

This stuff is definitely a little stiffer and appears to be a tiny bit thicker than the regular silicone purchased from online retailers, ie AHS and BWH. Great find!!!

I have this tubing but bought it as a whole 50' roll for retail back in 09. It works great for a single tier dual pump system like a Brutus 10. I would like to buy more as this is a great price and so I'm subscribing. I have no remaining tubing left from my original buy.

Just goes to show that anyone that thinks 100-150 feet will last forever are mistaken. :mug:

Back