• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Another Ebay deal - 1/2 inch Silicone tubing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look! It's squishy!

95803-11-07.JPG

weirdboy, well I looked up several zips for LA and they all say 19.06. Still $0.95 savings... Buy 2 and it's even cheaper.

heh, i'm starting to think i should have bought like 20 rolls. Then i could sell them to my LBHS for a profit, heh.

Perfect timing. Ordered from the first link...then second link was more expensive for me unless I ordered more than one.

What's the liquid heat tolerance for this stuff?

It should be like -58*F to 448*F if it's the same as their current offering. I've got a question out to their CSR to find out for sure though. But, silicone hose is silicone hose. It's extremely heat resistant.

I tried doing research on the tubing to see how it would work for brewing but couldnt find really anything other than it was discontinued. Any thoughts on off flavors or anything else.

As someone else said earlier - silicone is silicone, and this stuff was made for the bio-pharm industry, so it was probably made to more exacting standards than what we would require. I'll let you know if I end up with any off-flavors or 6th fingers, etc.

I did some searching before I bought from the eBay link. Here's what I came up with...

Like you, my initial search landed me at a discontinued product page (in my instance it was at Cole Parmer here — http://www.coleparmer.com/catalog/product_view.asp?sku=9580311). Their replacement suggestion was this: http://www.coleparmer.com/catalog/product_view.asp?sku=9580324

OK. Still no product info. I little poking around landed me here — http://www.coleparmer.com/catalog/product_view.asp?sku=9580223

If you've been playing along, you'll see I navigated from the 50' product page (discontinued), to the 200' product page (no product info), to the 25' product page. Hey! Look at that! FDA compliant! 406-degree upper-temp range. I'm sold. RDWHAHB.

I just jumped on the bandwagon as well. I needed about 10 feet for the new brew rig so instead of spending $25 for 10 feet from the LHBS i might as well get 50 feet. Great find and thanks for the post.

Chromados

Of course it's autoclaveable. It's rated to move fluids in and out of your body. It HAS to be autoclaveable so it can be sterilized... :D

Thanx for the heads up. I have about all I need, but at this price it's worth having some spare around.

In the initial link, the price appears to have increased to $39.99 with free shipping. The second link cost me $25 after shipping, so I hit that. Can't beat $.50/ft. Thanks for the heads up!

In the initial link, the price appears to have increased to $39.99 with free shipping. The second link cost me $25 after shipping, so I hit that. Can't beat $.50/ft. Thanks for the heads up!

Yep, sure looks like the first guy bumped the price. He probably saw a sudden increase in interest in his item. He isn't sure why, but he knows someone is interested in his product and he's gonna charge for that interest. LOL

damn I don't NEED any, but I am thinking about pulling the trigger on 100'....

FML and these hard decisions

-=Jason=-

FML its to late now.. all sold out... I should have pulled the trigger...

-=Jason=-

If anyone wants to offload some of their bulk in a karma (i.e. cost) way, I would be in for 15-20 feet!

:mug:

Or i'll just use the leftovers for a silicone scarf. :D

I actually should have leftovers, i'll throw it up on the classifieds for a sweet deal.

FML its to late now.. all sold out... I should have pulled the trigger...

-=Jason=-

Yikes - the guy with the $9.99 + shipping sold over 200 of those 50 ft. rolls!

Meanwhile, the guy who raised his price to $39.99 still has 10+ ...

Makes you wonder if he bought out his competition!?

Yikes - the guy with the $9.99 + shipping sold over 200 of those 50 ft. rolls!

Meanwhile, the guy who raised his price to $39.99 still has 10+ ...

Makes you wonder if he bought out his competition!?

HBT probably bought out 100+ of those rolls

-=Jason=-

Back