• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Another Ebay deal - 1/2 inch Silicone tubing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang it, looks like I was a day late and a dollar short on this deal. Auction ended and doesn't look like he has any more listed in his current auctions.

You can still pick it up at 80 cents a foot from the guy selling it at $39.99 w/ free shipping. Beats the heck out of $2.50 to $3 per foot at the LHBS.

Yay! I thought I missed this deal! Thanks for the heads up on the RE-listing, Flomaster! Just bought 50' shipped for $24.64 shipped! :rockin:

Wow, what a deal! $38.51 for 100'. I paid $2.34/ft from usplastics plus shipping, so I got 100' for about the same as 10' cost me before. Sweeeet!

I bet the guy in the first posting is going to be kicking himself for upping the price cause all of us that needed it have now bought plenty.

Where can I find the specifications on the silicone? Is it food grade? Can it handle high temperatures?

Sorry, I know this is probably a silly question, but it seems like a great deal and I'm in dire need of tubing.

SeanGC said:
Where can I find the specifications on the silicone? Is it food grade? Can it handle high temperatures?

A few posts up - someone did the legwork. It's FDA compliant & all.

I did some searching before I bought from the eBay link. Here's what I came up with...

Like you, my initial search landed me at a discontinued product page (in my instance it was at Cole Parmer here — http://www.coleparmer.com/catalog/product_view.asp?sku=9580311). Their replacement suggestion was this: http://www.coleparmer.com/catalog/product_view.asp?sku=9580324

OK. Still no product info. I little poking around landed me here — http://www.coleparmer.com/catalog/product_view.asp?sku=9580223

If you've been playing along, you'll see I navigated from the 50' product page (discontinued), to the 200' product page (no product info), to the 25' product page. Hey! Look at that! FDA compliant! 406-degree upper-temp range. I'm sold. RDWHAHB.

I figured this wasn't done yet. I keep policing myself telling myself i don't need more than 50ft for anything. The temptation is there though. Such a good deal.

This should have no problem fitting on to my 1/2" barb on my valve right? Since it has a .5" inside diameter?

There were 13 sold at 5:45pm when I bought mine and 4 hours later it's up to 64. I wonder how long before this seller ups the price too.

ultimate score per my companies UPS account I paid 9.99 plus 6 shipping i do believe i got the cheapest deal besides will calling the stuff

9.99 shipper only had 400 I think the first 200 sold out in a day and a half and the second 200 probably 2-3 days if not sooner if you read the description its excess inventory from a company who has gone under or that product is no longer stocked.

-=Jason=-

is this 1/2 id what can be used for attaching to a pump to transfer wort/beer? or do some use 3/4 or bigger? would 1/2 be enough flow for a wort pump etc.?

Anyone have an idea if the 9.99 guy has any more he is going to put up? I of coarse missed the second round. Just my luck as usual.

Mark

great deals, will pull the trigger quickly if/when it comes back - they don't last long.

would love to find some 3/8" too

Dang it, went to by from the $40 guy and he is sold out also. If anyone wants to sell of 25' please PM me.

Thanks
mark

just to bump the thread..

only 74 left, I wouldn't be surprised if these are gone by tomorrow am.

-=Jason=-

Finally was able to jump on this! Got 50' coming, the cool thing is this is the FIRST actual part of my FIRST build I'm putting together. Half the fun is planning and building the system the way I want.

Thanks for the help everyone on this board lends.
Mark

Gah, i couldn't pass up getting more. I bought 2 more rolls. I just kept thinking to myself, if I change my set up and have to buy more, I'll be kicking myself for not jumping on this. So I ended up with 150' at $0.44/ft. Now to keep my friends from trying to buy it off me, heh. I got my first roll today and it is just like the stuff I paid $2.20/ft for.

edit: might have come across as a di$k....

but no one NEEDS 150ft

just sayin'

-=Jason=-

Back