Another Colorado brewer here

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kungpaodog

Reaction score
Hi all. I just brewed my first batch of homebrew, (why the heck does this spell-checker not recognize "homebrew"?!?!?!) in fact I'm drinking it right now: a kit pale ale that I think I managed to not screw up! I wouldn't even feel bad if I had bought it at the store in bottles. Papazian (sp?) was right: "Relax, don't worry, have a homebrew. It'll still be pretty good."

I have to say the user agreement was the funniest I've seen in a while. $5,000 to come back after being banned and $1,000 per spam!:D:mug:

I lurked around a bit before signing up, and a big thanks to all the knowledge that's shared here. Hopefully I can use it to make some more good beer in the future.

I got my stuff from "Hop to it" in Boulder. The address is something like 2900 Valmont road, in the Zarlengo shopping center on Valmont between 28th and 30th. I don't know what a proper brew store should be since this is the first one I visited, but the guys there were very nice, they spent a lot of time talking to me about what I might and might not need, and even gave me a discount on the beginners package since I didn't want a capper (I've collected flip tops over the last few months.) I will certainly go back. They have a fair sized hops case, a lot of bulk grains for sale, and liquid yeast. I even got a pretty good price on a 5 gal stainless brew kettle. I think it was about $34, with a nice glass lid in case I want to make soup in it. I think they've only been open for a few months, but they have another store in Denver (I think). I'll stop now before I sound too much like I'm shilling for them.

Can you compare Beer at Home to Hop To It? I'm always curious to expand my horizons.

And obviously too lazy to drive the extra five minutes to check it out myself.;)

Back