Another Brew Strand Build/Design Question?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ranger9913

Reaction score
I'm in the process of designing and collecting my material to build a custom brew stand and I was just wondering if I could get the pro's and con's of using a high pressure vs. low pressure propane jet burners? Also, is it possible to hook up my propane tank to black pipe and feed the burners separately by placing gas valves before them? I'm envisioning building something close to what BobbyM has built only I believe he is using Nat. Gas.

I am considering using the mini-jet 10 burners @ 100,000 btu's to brew 5-10 gal batches.

I guess I'm being cheap where as I already have a high pressure regulator, and I can get the high pressure burners for $30 a piece which is a 1/3 of the cost of the low pressure burners. How do you connect you hose with the regulator to the black pipe. I assume it's just using some flare fitting?

Back