Another 10 gallon mash tun

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HexKrak

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone here for making this project so painless!

http://beer.hexkrak.com/2011/01/07/mash-tun-check/

I spent a lot of time reading through the wiki, and various member's experiences before embarking on this project. Last night I bit the bullet, and made it happen.
Here's the before shot, with all parts laid out in order.
IMG_0599-225x300.jpg

And with a few turns of a wrench, and a few pulls of a hacksaw.
IMG_0601-225x300.jpg

IMG_0600-300x225.jpg

I ended up going with a 20 inch stainless braid, connected to some nubs on a t-fitting.
My leak test showed no noticeable leakage after 30 minutes, so I think I dodged that mess.
I am a little concerned with the stainless braid. It seemed a little flimsy, and I'm wondering if it will hold up under all the grain and water. If I find myself getting stuck mashes I might replace some PVC.

And yes... We still have our Christmas tree up.

Nice! I just finished mine as well......first AG next weekend. I hit the easy button and ordered from bargainfittings.com. Weak I know.....

I was going to do the bargainfittings.com thing, but there's a local brewout this weekend, and the LHBS provides use of their wort chillers, so I don't have to build that before my first AG brew.

Back