Another 1 liter grenade recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CreamyGoodness

Reaction score
I'm thinking about doing another 1 liter recipe JAOM with celery seed and celery leaves, kind of like a tonic mead.

Does that appeal to anyone?

I like the 1 liter tests for when I have a little bit of honey on hand and figure I wouldnt want a full gallon of something.

As many of you know, so far I have done a serrano with hot sauce (success) and an espresso (I'm going to call it a failure, though some of my friends like it). :ban:

i threw up in my mouth a little bit thinking about it but then again, i hate celery...

good luck with it...

Maybe add some peanut butter and raisins... Instead of "ants in a log", you could call it "ants on a floating log"!! Awww yeahhhh

I don't know about all that but putting celery salt on a hotdog will result in the most awesomest hotdog you're ever had.

usmcmatt said:
i don't know about all that but putting celery salt on a hotdog will result in the most awesomest hotdog you're ever had.

+1000000

I didnt get a pic yet, but put this together last night. I'm kind of digging the smell, but SWMBO just shook her head.

Ok, racked this today and of course sampled. Eh.

Kind of overly sweet, lots of raisiny, vaguely celery, definitely inside of celery seed sludge flavors going on. Maybe it will mellow...

I like celery salt. Most people know something is unusual but can't figure it out when I Use it in food. It may age really nice.

I'm wondering if it might have any cooking applications... can anyone think of anything? Maybe to make braised celery?

Well, I made and consumed a liter of this stuff. Everyone said the same thing... interesting, worth doing again, but needs to age a lot longer.

It started with a hefty punch of celery taste and aroma followed by a flavor a lot closer to cocoa nibs. I will definitely give this another go. Might even make a gallon this time.

Be sure to post a recipe when you've got it perfected. It sounds like an awful combination to me, but then again we can't grow if we don't push ourselves beyond our comfort zone every now and again.

Back