And the worst beer of all times award goes to...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Worst beer is

• Bud light

• Bud Select 55

• Bud Platinum

• Bud lime

• Coors light

• Miller 64

• Millet lite

• Dos equis

• Corona

• Stela Artois

Results are only viewable after voting.
Worst one I've had is a terrible back-sweetened schwarzbier imported from Germany. So bad I seem to have blocked the name from my memory. Any of the "lime" beers would be in the running too. Or "iced tea" beer.

Seems pretty elitist to only include macro lagers, and not bad craft beers, there's plenty of those on the market too....The worst beer I've ever had was the Amarossa Amaretto Ale by the now defunct Salado Creek Brewing Co.

My second worst was the one I started the thread about a few weeks back,

292818_10151134262584067_1634282051_n.jpg
408095_10151134262639067_81199964_n.jpg

Revvy said:
Greene King's "The Beer to Dine For." Evidently it is a re-branding of Greene King Hop as a beer meant to be paired with food. It has to be the most tasteless and boring beer I've ever tasted. But Light is even more "complex" than this colored water. I'm not going to waste precious liver cells on this crap.So down the dumpster it goes.

I'm going to keep the bottle for meads though.

There's a review that aptly describes this wretched thing here.

I actually like Dos Equis, and Stella, and Corona.....

I didn't vote. In my opinion none of the beers on your poll list would be anywhere near the top of any credible list of "worst beers of all time." Apparently you don't care for light lagers. Noted.

Edit: As a side note: Stella Artois is commonly referred to as perhaps the best example available in its style (Pale Lager). It receives very high marks by any credible rating organization. And you spelled it wrong.

Yea, there are a few beers on your list that are actually pretty decent, depending on my mood. Stella, Corona, Dos Equis. The others are pretty bad (i.e. Bud Light kills my stomach, so I wouldn't drink one even if it were free), but nowhere near my top 5. Had Rogue's Voodoo Maple Bacon catastrophe or Wild Blue been on there, I might have voted.

Left Hand 400 Pound Monkey. I think it was somewhat fresh too. Dumped out the majority of a six pack. English IPA? Hardly.

I voted stella, just because they try to pretend its something special. It's ****ty light beer like everything else.

I'll enjoy Stella or Corona in the right situation. Light lagers are very difficult to make well IMO compared to a lot of craft brew styles (hello, IPA) that get a lot more respect.

I didn't vote because my choice is not there: Hams. When I lived in the barracks we would get desperate close to payday and start rummaging for coins. I think the cost of a case of Hams on base was around $2.50 at the time. It was awful stuff, even then when all I wanted was something that tasted of carbonated, alcohol-infused barley-pop.

from Egypt; Stella beer

Stella.jpg

Egyptians might have invented beer, but in NO WAY have they improved on it since.

Had Rogue's Voodoo Maple Bacon catastrophe or Wild Blue been on there, I might have voted.

Seriously, I was given one of these as present a few months ago. Holy hell it is terrible. I only managed to drink about 8oz of the 22oz bottle before giving up and feeding the rest of it to the sink. When I saw the title of this thread, that bottle of beer instantly jumped into my head.

For the record, the Voodoo doughnuts bacon maple bars that inspired this beer are outstanding.
rogue-voodoo-doughnut-maple-bacon-ale-500x333.jpg

If we're going Macros only, I'd say it's Coors Light Iced-T(errible).

Why make it a poll then and not just ask us what are least favorite beers are? Like this thread did.....I think it's much more interesting to read about our experiences with ALL beers, then just imply that the worst beers are light lagers. I may not prefer to drink some of those beers on that list, but that doesn't make them the worst beers, it just means that I DON'T LIKE THEM, not that they're not excellent examples of those styles.

I don't like rice adjuncted light lagers, or rice adjuncted lagers in general, not because they're BMC, or made by the "evil empire," or simply popular, and I'm "better" than those folks that drink it, but because they contain rice. So I don't like bud, bud light or sapporo for instance. But if other folks do, it's their choice. If that's all that's available, I'll drink wine or mixed drinks.

I like corn adjuncted lagers and not rice ones like sapporo and bud.

Millers, Michelob, Labatts, PBR, Strohs, Schlitz, I will drink, and many like Strohs and pabsts (the original 70's recipes I will actually buy and enjoy...to me te two main bud products just taste horrible to me.

I really like Labatt's blue.

One of our members just brought me a mixed case of Yuengling's, both the "traditional lager" and the Lord Chesterfield's ale. And the Lager is actually darker than the ale. And it is full of flavor.

A snob looks down on or judges what other folks drink. Or avoid certain beers, not because simply they don't like the taste, but for other reasons.

Even after all the years brewing and especially drinking craft and imported beers since 1986, the best beer I ever had was ice cold Negra Modelo Especial bought for probably a dime a bottle in 2001, in Ensenada Mexico, and drank on a Sandbar in mexico with fish tacos where the fish was caught and fried within a half hour after is was pulled out of the bay. With a simple wedge of lime for both.....and with a woman who I loved madly and who just broke my heart for the second time in my life. Yet the beer and the fish somehow took the sting out of it.

I also can't stand wheat beers, microbrewed or otherwise. They're just not my cup of tea....But I don't bash folks who like THOSE beers either....

the fact of beers were awarded doesn't mean it is good. majority of beer drinkers don't know anything outside their bmc options. this poll is in a Homebrew forum, craft brewing, where I assume most know better about beer. odd is liking a beer just because most do.
perhaps the title should say worst bmc beer.

Seriously, I was given one of these as present a few months ago. Holy hell it is terrible. I only managed to drink about 8oz of the 22oz bottle before giving up and feeding the rest of it to the sink. When I saw the title of this thread, that bottle of beer instantly jumped into my head.

For the record, the Voodoo doughnuts bacon maple bars that inspired this beer are outstanding.

Oh dear lord yes. I actually got the Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana one for my birthday- my wife and I couldn't get two sips down. It's not even the extract flavors they used- the actual base beer is horrific- the extracts just sort of pile on and make me want to void my bowels.

I love Rogue's stuff, but these beers make you go "WHAT were they THINKING???"

Oh dear lord yes. I actually got the Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana one for my birthday- my wife and I couldn't get two sips down. It's not even the extract flavors they used- the actual base beer is horrific- the extracts just sort of pile on and make me want to void my bowels.

I love Rogue's stuff, but these beers make you go "WHAT were they THINKING???"

Haha....indeed. Rogue is class, but that doesn't mean everything they touch turns to gold. Even good brewers make poor choices sometimes. In a competitive environment everyone looks for a niche or edge. These beers might have been an ill-fated attempt to find such an edge. Still...would have liked to been a fly on the wall just to see the look on you and your wife's face at each attempt to consume. :mug:

the fact of beers were awarded doesn't mean it is good. majority of beer drinkers don't know anything outside their bmc options. this poll is in a Homebrew forum, craft brewing, where I assume most know better about beer. odd is liking a beer just because most do.

And a response like that is EXACTLY we mean by elitist, condescending, superior and snobby.

Who do YOU think does the judging?

The people who DID THE AWARDING, where the same beer geeks who judge craft beers and even homebrews. Professional BJCP certified beer judges, usually ones with a ton of experience, like Grand Masters, so you're implying that THEY don't know what they're doing. :rolleyes:.

Dissenting voice:

They are all well-done, incredibly consistent, and intended to be inoffensive to appeal to a very wide audience. It's like preparing your house for sale - the agents tell you to paint the walls white or off-white so it does not offend anyone. Hey, vanilla is still the most popular flavor ice cream.

Ignoring one skunked batch, the worst beer I ever tried was a craft beer.:eek:

It was supposed to be clever and had a whole jalapeno pepper in the bottle. It was way to spicy for my taste.

The post does not include my vote because it it for Taiwan Beer, available in the handy can at the Chiang Kai Shek airport in Taipei. From the indifferent computer-generated taste to the indifferently designed label, it's at the top of my list!

A poll is a poll, if you think it deserves your vote, you vote, otherwise you don't. I don't see the point of discussing whether or not it includes all beers in the universe, bmc only, lager only, award winning beers within.

A poll is a poll, if you think it deserves your vote, you vote, otherwise you don't. I don't see the point of discussing whether or not it includes all beers in the universe, bmc only, lager only, award winning beers within.

You titled the poll "...worst beer of all times...." If you would have asked which is the worst on the list, there wouldn't be any issue at all. I would have voted Bud Lime.

Lol we drink better beer than everyone aren't we amazing?!

But seriously pull your head out of your ass. Nobody cares which beers you think suck.

\

Even after all the years brewing and especially drinking craft and imported beers since 1986, the best beer I ever had was ice cold Negra Modelo Especial bought for probably a dime a bottle in 2001, in Ensenada Mexico,

Creo que Negra Modelo es muy deliciosos, y tambien Ensenada es fabuloso, (pero no Rosarita)

Bud Lite Lima-A-Rita is by far the worst. It's one of the few beers that I just straight up CAN'T drink. I can pound a bud lite or whatever else no problem...I won't enjoy it but I can do it...that Lime a Rita crap? NOPE.

ThickHead said:
You titled the poll "...worst beer of all time...." If you would have asked which is the worst on the list, there wouldn't be any issue at all.

fare enough. not sure if I can change the thread title though.

Creme brûlée. Not only dies it taste bad, but if you told me it was never actually fermented I'd beleive you. Followed closely by frangelic mt brown, which tastes like southern tier took over the founders brewery.

There are worse beers than the ones you listed, but of the ones on your poll my vote went to Bud Lime, although wither Miller 64 or Bud Select 55 could have just as easily been my vote.

...which tastes like southern tier took over the founders brewery.

You don't like Southern Tier beers?

Man...I love their 2xIPA, Harvest Ale, Pumking and others. I find their beers very enjoyable. Founders is in a class of it's own though. Yum!

Back