And the worst beer of all times award goes to...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Worst beer is

• Bud light

• Bud Select 55

• Bud Platinum

• Bud lime

• Coors light

• Miller 64

• Millet lite

• Dos equis

• Corona

• Stela Artois

Results are only viewable after voting.
A poll is a poll, if you think it deserves your vote, you vote, otherwise you don't. I don't see the point of discussing whether or not it includes all beers in the universe, bmc only, lager only, award winning beers within.

I think the dissension has to do with the fact that the poll appears to have been constructed with a clear predetermined anti-BMC bias, even though the topic implies that the poll is requesting us to vote on the "Worst of the Worst" of all beers.

It'd be like constructing a poll called "Worst Car of All Time" and the options are:

- Chevrolet Malibou
- Chevrolet Corsica
- Chevrolet Cavalier
- Chevrolet Cobalt
- Chevrolet Celebrity
etc.

We get it. You don't like Chevrolet/BMC.

ThickHead said:
You don't like Southern Tier beers?

Man...I love their 2xIPA, Harvest Ale, Pumking and others. I find their beers very enjoyable. Founders is in a class of it's own though. Yum!

I find them all over flavored and too sweet. 2x is their best, but compared to other dipas like alpha king, hopslam, double trouble, and pliny it comes in last place.

Well for mass produced American Light Lagers my vote would have been for Busch. But since that is not an option I can't vote.

I would vote for Lambic if it were a STYLE poll.

I'd also vote for anything that has coconut in it. Or is tart/sour.

Otherwise I don't have a real issue with any of the beers in the list, other than I dislike many of the companies' policies.

Hell, I've even ENJOYED an Ultra64 Lime or whatever it was called as a summer morning hangover drink. Light and hydrating with enough flavor, but not much flavor. It was my good friend's diet drink and man did that hit the spot! Like ordering water with a twist.

I find them all over flavored and too sweet. 2x is their best, but compared to other dipas like alpha king, hopslam, double trouble, and pliny it comes in last place.

Well...I don't rate it ahead of Hopslam or Pliny either. Still good beer though. Pumking is definitely sweet....eheh. I first had their Harvest Ale on tap a couple years ago fell in love with it. Class ESB if you ask me. Though I may have just been in the mood. I've actually never had it out of a bottle.

I understand your comment better now though. The sweet part.

For me it is Steel Reserve. I have never had a beer taste so bad to me! Most of those beers in your poll I actually like- especially on a hot summer day golfing! :)

So like, we all agree that Bud Light Lime is the worst beer ever made and those who drink it are stupid stupidheads who don't know anything, right? We can all agree on this?

By the way, no "worst ever" poll is finished with options to vote for until and unless Tequiza ends up on the list. That is the Godfather III of beers. It might have sounded good on paper, but in reality, it really sucks bad.

I think the dissension has to do with the fact that the poll appears to have been constructed with a clear predetermined anti-BMC bias, even though the topic implies that the poll is requesting us to vote on the "Worst of the Worst" of all beers.

It'd be like constructing a poll called "Worst Car of All Time" and the options are:

- Chevrolet Malibou
- Chevrolet Corsica
- Chevrolet Cavalier
- Chevrolet Cobalt
- Chevrolet Celebrity
etc.

We get it. You don't like Chevrolet/BMC.

That may have been the impression, but it is wrong.
In fact, I'm now drinking a bud select 55, which is horrible.
In between brews I drink regular bud, bluemoon, platinum. But select 55 is more like a tea with alcohol than a beer to me.

rogue-voodoo-doughnut-maple-bacon-ale-500x333.jpg

I agree wholeheartedly on this. I like Rogue beers. I like Voodoo bacon maple bars. I had to dump most of my glass of this beer.

Dos equis and Stella should not be on this list!!
Glad no one voted for Dos equis yet but worst MACRO brew would have to be bud lime. What were they thinking?!

P.s I LOVE Voodoo Bacon Maple ale. The meaty smokiness is like nothing i have ever tried.
Not a gulper but if you like smoked beers and own your own smoker and love curing/smoking meats i cant see how you would not like this beer even as a novelty taste.

I must not be much of a beer snob, I love a bud lime or lima-a-rita on a hot summer day. I voted for Dos Equis, as all Mexican beer tastes terrible to me.
Since we're all throwing out beer that isn't on the poll, on the domestic front: Coors (regular), PBR, and Hamm's are the kings of worst beer. On the micro level: the only one that comes to mind is a beer by Wingwalker. I don't even remember which one, it was bad enough to never buy their product again, though.

OP,
I think you might want to try the same poll with the same parameters over at Beeradvocate. I'm sure you'll get a lot more votes from the list you've given.
Personally I second Rogue Voodoo, and AB's Wildblue. Blech!

I actually like Stella, and I'm not a big lager fan. And Corona with lime is my go to bar beer if there aren't any good craft offerings.

I call Bud-Lite Lime my guilty pleasure - I'll happily pound one down sitting on my shaded porch when it's 98 degree out...nice! Lime-a-Rita? - yup I'm a sucker for that puckerfest too.

P.s I LOVE Voodoo Bacon Maple ale. The meaty smokiness is like nothing i have ever tried.
Not a gulper but if you like smoked beers and own your own smoker and love curing/smoking meats i cant see how you would not like this beer even as a novelty taste.

I thought maybe I was the only one that enjoyed the Voodoo Bacon Ale. The smokiness of the beer is amazing IMO.

Falls City or Cooks from my teen years. Worst beers ever. I actually like Dos Equis. I think it is a great hot weather beer, it is kind of sweet but not in the bad way that I find Bud Platinum to be. I voted for Miller 64 because I think that light of a beer fails to meet the criteria for beer. Call it lightly alcoholic fizzy drink but not much of a beer.

Rivertown Brewery War (tasted like chewing on a cigar), Rivertown Brewery Pestilence (smelled of vomit and blue cheese, tasted even worse) and Sam Adams Triple Bock (teriyaki sauce anyone?) are the only three drain pours I've ever had, so they get my vote.

None of those are worse than my own baby butt, "talcum powder" brew. Was supposed to be a pale ale. I'll down several bud lights over that any day. Here, come taste it, I have plenty, it's can't get that taste out of your mouth bad. Do I get an award?

Wild Blue & the "Romulan Ale" from Star Trek Experience. my old roommate picked some up when i lived in Vegas. I was dropping blue deuces and the taste was almost nonexistent except for a nasty twang.

So like, we all agree that Bud Light Lime is the worst beer ever made and those who drink it are stupid stupidheads who don't know anything, right? We can all agree on this?

By the way, no "worst ever" poll is finished with options to vote for until and unless Tequiza ends up on the list. That is the Godfather III of beers. It might have sounded good on paper, but in reality, it really sucks bad.

I kind of liked Tequiza. There was some French or Quebec beer that was similar I had a few years ago. It was very drinkble. Don't know the name, but I'd drink it again if I could find it.

Those are not drainpour beers on the poll.To me a worst beer is a dumper. Although on that list bud lime is something Id pass on. For me its,Bud chelada,or some of the artifical fruit beers that taste like mixed diet soda/beer. Ones I cant drink more than a few drinks and dumpity dump. If I were "stranded on an Island" and all that sprouted from the Palm tree were those drainpours then I guess I would learn to love those:)
I had a can of bud55 at a thanksgiving a year or two ago and I quite enjoyed it and was kinda shocked and fascinated at the low calorie it had for how it tasted,and how well it went down. Nice and cold was pretty decent. Amazing feat for that low of calorie. I session drank those before and I did feel pretty awfull the next day though.I dindt think miller 64 was too bad but ended up liking the bud55 better.

I got a Foster's on Draft once at an Outback Restaurant just out of curiosity and it was awful. Either it was skunky, or real nasty was how it's supposed to taste.

One of the only times at a bar/restaurant that I have asked the server to bring me anything else.

Psh, I love me some Bud Light Lime. Plus I like the flavored Michelob Ultras too (the raspberry, lime/catus, tangerine ones).

Stick that in your tun and mash it.

Psh, I love me some Bud Light Lime. Plus I like the flavored Michelob Ultras too (the raspberry, lime/catus, tangerine ones).

Stick that in your tun and mash it.

AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!

;)

I don't think I am being snobby, I just could NOT down Michelob ultra. Worse than cough syrup!

I can't imagine fruit flavors would help, but I'll try one if I get a chance. Not gonna buy a sixer or anything!;)

I understand the bud lime thing, I put a slice of lime in Bud if that is all there is to drink. It actually is better than corona (with real lime) I just can't imagine processed fake lime being anything like the real deal, but I will keep an open mind.

AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!

;)

I don't think I am being snobby, I just could NOT down Michelob ultra. Worse than cough syrup!

I can't imagine fruit flavors would help, but I'll try one if I get a chance. Not gonna buy a sixer or anything!;)

I understand the bud lime thing, I put a slice of lime in Bud if that is all there is to drink. It actually is better than corona (with real lime) I just can't imagine processed fake lime being anything like the real deal, but I will keep an open mind.

Hahaha I hear ya. My thing, though, is that I have a sweet tooth. So unless it's truly repulsive, chances are I won't mind drinking it. The lime/cactus ultra tastes like sprite to me. So yea, I'm sure tons of people hate it. But hell, if I'm in the mood for a sprite, it works for me lol.

As for the bud light lime, it tastes like fruit snacks to me (again, sweet tooth haha). Don't get me wrong, I rarely pick this stuff up. Actually, I can't remember the last time I did. But on a hot summer day, or at the beach... I'm in.

I don't always vote in some jackass's beer-snobbery poll, in which he equates BMC with "worst beer in the world" and then gets roundly spanked by self-righteous closet beer snobs for daring to suggest what we've all thought and almost certainly spoken aloud at one time or another in our lives--i.e., that one or more of these beers taste like cow pee...but when I do, I always vote for Dos Equis.

Just kidding, I like Dos Equis. Actually, I like just about all of the beers on this list that I've tried. I can absolutely destroy a cooler of Bud Lights during a hot Saturday of boating/fishing/yard work/whatever. I don't prefer Coors or Miller but you'll never catch me turning one down if that's what's being offered. Haven't tried the low-cal beers, but I certainly would if that's what there was to drink. Hell, I'd even try a Bud Lime, although I'm not a fan of flavorings in my beer in general. And I'm not a huge fan of Stella, but I drank it every night with a smile on my face when I lived on a military base in the Persian Gulf and that's what there was to drink.

Which is a long way of saying, I might be an alcoholic. Now leave me alone so I can finish my cough syrup in peace.

Colt 45? Steel Reserve? Shlitz? Cheap and pretty terrible. I'd drink Miller High Life before any of those.

Colt 45? Steel Reserve? Shlitz? Cheap and pretty terrible. I'd drink Miller High Life before any of those.

Yeah those are bad. If someone offered me one I would take it and pretend to sip on it. Actually happens to me a lot, someone will say, oh, she loves beer, then they hand me something that amounts to a glass of piss. I just say thank you and try to politely drink it.

KEYSTONE LIGHT!!! Horrid.... Corona Light is next if we don't included flavored beers like Bud Light Lime.

Back