Anchor Steam Bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dukesbb37

Reaction score
I like these bottles, they're short stubby ones similar to sierra nevada but they have a cone shaped neck as opposed to the normal neck.

Anyone know where I can buy them?

Got a picture.

photo1-1.jpg

Love those bottles too. Been enjoying the Humming Ale. If I get some more, I'll send you the empties:)

one of my friends owns a bar and sells it there. I asked him for a few bottles and he got me 2 cases total. about 6-8 of those were anchor steam bottles. I like them.

I like the shape and I've used them before for homebrew. I was not impressed with their durability. They seem to be more fragile than standard longnecks. Also, their short collar, similar to the corona bottles, makes it a little more difficult to cap (at least with my capper). I now favor them for use as giveaways and keep the nice longnecks for myself.

I like the shape and I've used them before for homebrew. I was not impressed with their durability. They seem to be more fragile than standard longnecks. Also, their short collar, similar to the corona bottles, makes it a little more difficult to cap (at least with my capper). I now favor them for use as giveaways and keep the nice longnecks for myself. Sardoman

^^^Couldn't agree more! My girlfriend and I were bottling last weekend, and I had an Anchor Steam bottle shatter while I was capping it. I really wasn't even adding in that much extra pressure. I do, however, love the shape, and being from San Francisco I love supporting Anchor Brewing.

^^^Couldn't agree more! My girlfriend and I were bottling last weekend, and I had an Anchor Steam bottle shatter while I was capping it. I really wasn't even adding in that much extra pressure. I do, however, love the shape, and being from San Francisco I love supporting Anchor Brewing.

Agree with both of you...love the bottle, difficult to cap (but I can't recall shattering any).

Back