Anbody used "San Diego Super Yeast?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewMU

Reaction score
I've got a mid-gravity (1.050 OG) brown ale that's been sitting on this stuff for a month as of today. I haven't taken a gravity or otherwise disturbed it. I'm planning on bottling it soon, after use of a clarifier and maybe a short cold crash. This stuff is reputed to be extra quick and thorough, and it got off to a good start - is it done? I know that there is no way to be certain, but how about an educated guess from someone who has used it - is this beer cleaned up and ready to bottle?

I'd say it is probably done, mine finished in about 10 days for a beer that started at 1.090. The only real way to tell is take a hydrometer reading, then check again tomorrow. If there is no change, then it is done.

I did an Imperial Black Ale ~ 1.083 - 2 weeks in primary (started at 64° slowly raised to 68°) + 1 week dry hop in primary + 36 hour cold crash

after 2 days on 30psi it tasted phenomenal, very little sediment when racking

it's prob been done and cleaned up for a while

Appreciate the help. I'm definitely going to harvest my yeast and make another batch with it soon - I've had it with dropping $7 every batch.

Back