American Homebrewers Association

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I don't see your avatar on the ballot ;)

I know! I look much better as an avatar than as a real person.

In person, I'm a middle aged grandmother with a slightly crazed look at all times.

But, on the internet, I am a young, stacked, dominatrix.

God, I LOVE the internet!!!!!!!

LOL!

I'll have to look over all of the nominees before committing myself.

Aw shoot. I guess I'll just have to vote for whoever has given me samples of their beer before!

Ok, ok!

Since I HATE shipping beer I will do this. :D

For every vote, you get an invite to my cottage for all the beer you can drink and a boat ride with me as the pilot. Any jokes about my driving ability (or inability if you will) will earn you one demerit. (Homer, I'm specifically looking at you here). Two demerits will put you in the dinghy.

And if the truth be known, even if you don't vote for me I tend to have an "open cottage" policy anyway, but don't tell everyone that. I'm not above begging or bribing for votes. :cross:

Notice in the bio, paragraph five, a typo 'days' instead of states I think if it is fixable online. Don't wanna lose those anal voters :). And good luck, you would definitely be an asset.

Notice in the bio, paragraph five, a typo 'days' instead of states I think if it is fixable online. Don't wanna lose those anal voters :). And good luck, you would definitely be an asset.

Oh, no, that wasn't in the write up I sent, and I can't fix it. It just makes me look stupid. And I'm perfectly capable of looking stupid all on my own, without Jake's help! :drunk:

DONE!!!! Good luck.

I have to tell you something funny.

I asked Bob (my husband) if he voted yet. He said that no, he hadn't. He wanted a chance to look over all the candidates before deciding. :drunk:

I see that my face is now up in the OP thanks to a fellow mod's edit. Yep, that's me. See what I mean about the "slightly crazed" look? :D

If you can't bear to search through the photos, the direct link to my info is at the very bottom of my signature, while the link to vote is the link above that in my signature. (If you don't have signatures enabled, I guess that would make it tougher!)

Thanks all for voting for me- and for being my "imaginary friends" as well.

Brewing and talking about brewing is one of my favorite things to do, and meeting many others in person at the NHCs and at competitions (as well as randomly at bars and stuff- kid you not!) has brought me a lot of happiness. I've met some of my dearest friends through this forum and through being brewbuddies!

Just because we're browsing doesn't mean we haven't already decided. Perusing the candidates is just window shopping before voting for the ones you already know you want. Good luck and go beer!

Well, my husband did confess that he did vote for me. He had me worried there for a minute. :cross:

This year will be the first that Bob will be attending the NHC with me, so those of you who swear he doesn't actually exist will get to meet him. I've asked him in the past, but he's always had an excuse. This year, with it being "only" about an 8 hour drive away, he can't really get out of it. :D

I know it's shallow of me, but I'm going to vote for the hot chicks first, and then the most qualified gentlemen after that.

The sad fact is, I don't know a darn thing about most of the nominees. I will have to rely on their spiel to pick them. I'm not sure who to pick. After all, technical ability is a good thing in brewing, so Martin is a sure thing. But that may or may not be that important in the position here. I'd probably go with some who are well organized and are used to working with others on projects. That kind of dynamic is also very important.

Heck, I guess I'll have to just go through the entries and look for typos. I mean, if you can't get the very basics right, what hope is there for doing anything else right?

hehehe . . . she doesn't know it, but Jean just voted for you too. :cross:

You rock.

Please tell me that there is a possibility of you and Jean coming to Grand Rapids this June?!/!?

You would just love Homer and Bob and Pappers, if my sparkling personality isn't enough to drag you that far!

And tell Jean thanks for her vote! :p

Working on it. Jean has a college roommate now living in Michigan, so if we work a visit with her into the schedule, there's a chance.

Thanks to all who voted for me! I appreciate it.

I know the odds are not in my favor, but I really think I could do a great job as a member of the Governing Committee so I'm hopeful.

Ah I dunno. Are the odds really in anyones favor? HBT is a big community. I only see us on here running. As long as we can carry the HBT vote maybe we even have an advantage... Always look on the positive side.

Man now I may have to rejoin the AHA just so I can vote :)

Also would love to go to AHC, but looks expensive :/

Yep, $220 per person, plus $65 for banquet if you so choose.

I am leaning towards skipping the banquet. Just for the extra cost and late night. I live close enough that I could get home and not pay for an extra night hotel fee. Plus I'm not entering anything in the competition, so I don't have a vested interest in the results.

I am thinking about signing up for judging though.

Yeah I would probably skip the banquet if I didn't have entries in the NHC. It's fun and all but I do tend to be a little beered out by then lol. Though I will admit I usually spend a week or so road tripping to the NHC and stopping at breweries along the way... That might contribute to my wariness by then... This year, like you, it's nice and close though so I won't be going to breweries beforehand or during or after....

Man now I may have to rejoin the AHA just so I can vote :)

Also would love to go to AHC, but looks expensive :/

The conference isn't really that expensive if you compare it to conferences for other hobbies and the like... It is what it is though... $220 per person.

The conference isn't really that expensive if you compare it to conferences for other hobbies and the like... It is what it is though... $220 per person.

+1 The family went to Chicago for a tv show convention last year and I'm not even going to tell you how much that cost. And all you get from the experience is a few photographs (which you pay for) and some autographs) which you pay for) and some nice memories.

At least as the NHC you get beer!

I've always got so much out of the seminars, and have enjoyed the NHC a lot. One of the best things is just hanging out with other brewers. Great beer, great seminars, and great people. It's just so awesome.

It's expensive for many, depending on transportation costs, but it's worth it to me.

I voted. I tried to be as smart about it as possible, but it's so hard to know if you are making the right decision when you don't know any of the nominees. Plus, they all say they are going to fix this and have ideas for that, but then, just like all good politicians, they don't SAY what their ideas are!

Latest posts

Back