American cream ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdelatte

Reaction score
American cream ale came out good, time to step it up to all grain after my last extract boil tomorrow, weizenbier

image-3243117852.jpg

image-3542915967.jpg

Brewer's Best American Cream Ale was my very first kit. Came out so well, I'm sad that I'm almost out of it. I may have to brew another!

My American cream ale is sitting in 2nd fermentation. Can't wait, botteling in one more week. Looks a little dark but I posted about that and received great info.
My first brew was the weizenbier. Drinking it as I write this. Its not bad but I can't wait to drink that cream ale.

I dont have a secondary yet, wondering if that would help with clearing it up. Hows the weizenbier?

Its not bad. It was my First attempt at home brewing. I made some mistakes, but it's not that bad tasting .
I'm not sure what I'm going to brew next after the American cream ale is done.

I dont have a secondary yet, wondering if that would help with clearing it up. Hows the weizenbier?

IMHO no secondary unless you must. To much risk for infection. Wirlflock tablets or Irish moss and cold crashing if you have the space.

Thats what I was told about secondary so never used one. Was looking for the whitfloc tabs but fidnt find it locally, can get the moss locally, how to use it

briguy13 said:
My American cream ale is sitting in 2nd fermentation. Can't wait, botteling in one more week. Looks a little dark but I posted about that and received great info.
My first brew was the weizenbier. Drinking it as I write this. Its not bad but I can't wait to drink that cream ale.

I just put mine in the secondary fermenter also. Why do you think it is so dark?

I got great advice about why it is so dark . Check out my reddish -brown thread. Advice was awesome.
Scorched lme

That reddish brown thread was some good info. I just finished brew Brewers Best Weizenbeir and it has you use 3.3lbs of the extract in the first part of boil and the rest later in the boil, hope that makes it a little lighter. Then again all my extract kits pretty much looked the same.

VOCBrewery said:
IMHO no secondary unless you must. To much risk for infection. Wirlflock tablets or Irish moss and cold crashing if you have the space.

I seriously don't know why almost everyone on this site is against secondary fermentation. There is almost zero risk of infection or oxygenation if you sanitize properly and siphon correctly. My beers are crystal clear with a secondary and I think they taste better as well.

BonzoAPD said:
I seriously don't know why almost everyone on this site is against secondary fermentation. There is almost zero risk of infection or oxygenation if you sanitize properly and siphon correctly. My beers are crystal clear with a secondary and I think they taste better as well.

That's my thought as well. I don't have refrigeration to lager or cold crash anything and I've never had anything go bad in the secondary.

Going to rack to secondary next time to see how much it helps in clearing it up and taste

cream ale is a ballsy first choice for a brew. i'm glad it came out well. congrats!

The cream ale was a piece of cake. It was a Brewery's Best kit and came out pretty delicious.

Finally got my wife to try the American Cream Ale, got her stamp of approval. Hope that means I can upgrade to bigger and better AG brewing, lol

Back