Alright...need some assistance. About to try kegging and using despenser

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mister704

Reaction score
Soooo, I scored this littler beer dispensing system for $35 made by Vino Temps. From the reviews...it got some good and bad but looks like a lot came from the co2 and the little co2 caps.

w8ArB1K.jpg

I am looking to convert it to use a 12oz pin valve tank just as the guy did here in the video.

NOW(that I got all that out the way)....questions..

1. So exactly how do I keg the 5L. Do you still prime with priming sugar or what? I have seen both online and don't know which is correct.

2. Does anyone have any idea how he retrofit the 2oz tank? I think he just got it to screw in..else i am lost

3. How to read the PSI? Do I just open the valve more or less and that should tell me how much PSI I am using? What is the normal amount or can I just figure that out using the sites out there.

4. Food grade Co2...any special places in Northern VA? Looks like someone stated AirGas which is in Manassas.

5. Lastly...How long will the 12oz of CO2 last? How much time will a keg last in the machine?

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't help with the rest of the questions, but there is an Airgas on Rt 1 near Potomac Yard (kind of between Arlington and Alexandria). I have been getting Co2 and Nitro from them for years.

NOW(that I got all that out the way)....questions..

1. So exactly how do I keg the 5L. Do you still prime with priming sugar or what? I have seen both online and don't know which is correct.

He said it needed to be a self-charged keg, so I would plan on bottle priming as you do with bottles.

2. Does anyone have any idea how he retrofit the 2oz tank? I think he just got it to screw in..else i am lost [/B]

Can't help you here. He seemed to screw it in.

5. Lastly...How long will the 12oz of CO2 last? How much time will a keg last in the machine?

Should last a long time if you aren't using it to carb, only to push the beer out. A 5 lb tank lasts 6-10 5 gallon kegs, and that is when also using it to carb.

Also, in the end it seems like it could be better to go with a Party Pig system, or Tap-A-Draft system, although they need refrigeration and need to sit in a fridge. Good luck and update the thread when you get it running.

So yup...I spoke with the guy and it does simply screw in which is AWESOME.

The 12oz tank should be delivered soon. Funny thing is I have no idea why they did not just include it anyways seeing that inside the system, it has a cut out made just to sit the 12oz tank in. Sort of funny they give you the little cartridges and a stand to mimic the actual 12oz tank.

As well, with the priming, it looks like a lot of folks force carb their beers. Which I am not against, but don't see many folks doing for 5L mini.

I need to get a 5L keg of something just to check it out and see it everything works smoothly. I know for sure, I am going to replace the 2 hoses inside that connect to the keg and tap. Additionally, I am going to grab some keg lube today since he told me the plastic T-draft that connects to the keg snapped on him since its semi fragile and he did not use lube.

All in all, I am happy. Basically for $50 I am up and running with a system for the man cave.

Alright so I got every ready to go. I picked up a 5L mini keg of Hofbrau today so I can reuse the keg afterwards.

BUT I am a little lost as to how I connect the regulator to the 12oz tank. I never attached a regulator to a pressurized tank. I know is definitely screws in as I tried before going to get it filled.

Do I open the regular and I guess run a small tube into some water or something. Get it attached and then close the regulator?

IMG_20141008_213710.jpg

Vyp6tKvOJF189pbpM17YnwXJQiD4B1nWuEc5BYBd18M=w517-h689-no

Back