Almost coughed in beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mmenges

Reaction score
Took the top off of by bucket to rack the beer into the bottling bucket last night. I wasn't thinking and wanted to take a big ole whiff of the beer before I racked it over into the bottling bucket. Took a huge breath of CO2 off the top of the beer and almost died. Note to self: Do not enhale pure CO2!:eek:

I think this is a rite of passage for homebrewers, lots of us have done this! I dont recommend trying to swig the last of a corny keg as if it were a big cup, that deep breath of co2 from the keg can drop you, along with a keg now above your head, dont ask me how I know...I just heard it happens like that.....yeah

I did the same thing yesterday when filling a keg. I cleaned it when it emptied and pressurized it.
When I opened it yesterday to sanitize it I smelled something sweet. Without thinking, I put my nose in the keg with the white cloudy smoke (CO2) still dancing around, and took a big wiff...
Almost knocked me on my a$$.

I think this is a rite of passage for homebrewers, lots of us have done this! I dont recommend trying to swig the last of a corny keg as if it were a big cup, that deep breath of co2 from the keg can drop you, along with a keg now above your head, dont ask me how I know...I just heard it happens like that.....yeah

LOL thanks for the mental picture

Back