Allavino wine refrigerator for a fermentation chamber

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamieP

Reaction score
I need a fermentation chamber and the only space I have for one is in my basement bar. Because it will be out for all to see, I want someting that looks nice and am willing to spend a bit more because of it. With the space I have I need to go vertical and am thinking of 115 bottle wine refrigerator. I should be able to fit 2 brewtech buckets with the space above the compressor step. The temp range (41-73) should eliminate the need for a seperate controller and potentially allow me to cold crash.

I'm pretty close to sold on this solution. Anything I'm not thinking of that might steer me away from this?

http://www.beveragefactory.com/refrigerators/wine/allavino-YHWR115-1BRN-wine-cellar.html

I'm not familiar with this particular wine fridge, but you should check to make sure that it has an exact temperature setting. The wine fridge I have, for example, tells me the exact temperature it is at, but only allows me to adjust it within three ranges (red, pink, white).

Another thing is to look at the inside of it, at the floor - some of these have a hump along the back where some of the mechanics are, so the footprint of available space for a bucket or carboy is not as big as it might seem. Also, make sure you are including room for an airlock or blowoff tube in your calculations.

Thanks for the considerations. I'll have to verify the temp setting although based on the product pictures you should be able to go up/down one degree at a time. The interior space should be plenty. I had originally looked at some glass door merchandisers, but this offers more usable space.

I got a wine fridge off Craigslist. It has a hump but fits my carboys without any modification. I use an stc to control temps. I had to bypass the internal thermostat to cold crash but it works great. And it looks much nicer than the old mini fridge I used to use.

Latest posts

Back