All Hail the Saison...and the Keg...and the starter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mose

Reaction score
Just kegged (first kegging experiance, I may never bottle again) the AHS Hibiscus Ginger Saison. I only got down to 1.015 for FG, (primary for about 4wks) I thought it needed to go a little lower for the dry profile, but what do I know, before buying it I didn't even know what a Saison was.

Anyway, HOLY CRAP it's good. I can taste the Hibiscus flower and a slight spice in the aftertaste that is not overwhelming, I'm thinking the green peppercorn or the ginger. I seriously could have drank this warm and flat and been a happy camper. Way to go AHS!

This was my first kegging, first starter, and most "exotic" beer brewed yet, and I'm loving the progress. We'll bottle a strawberry Wheat tonight and then it's off to figure out what to brew next. Maybe an Octoberfest or Arrogant Bastard for the fall.

Thanks to everyone on here for tips and amazing amount of information in these archives. :mug:

Great work! I was planning a Saison this summer, but I figured I had enough beers on the schedule, and shouldn't add another one (or six, as I really wanted to).

Back