Ale with Pilsner extract?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ubenumber2

Reaction score
I have 7lbs of pilsner lme to use up that I got by accident on an order and was told to keep , never used the stuff and was wondering what would be a good ale to use this in , any suggestions?

I did a pale ale once with a Cooper's OS lager can & a 3lb bag of extra light Munton's plain DME once. Came out a gold color with an amber blush. I think that was the one wi 1oz each of German haulertaur & Czech Saaz. I think it was pretty good as a session ale.

I have 7lbs of pilsner lme to use up that I got by accident on an order and was told to keep , never used the stuff and was wondering what would be a good ale to use this in , any suggestions?

Use it in anything you want. Pilsner LME is just a light LME. I use Pilsner LME all the time for all types of beer, from light Belgians to dark Porters and Stouts, and everything in between.

Make a common blonde ale or ipa. I made a blonde with leftovers and it was unique but good since I had an oz of galena and 5 lbs of dme.

Back