Ale Stress Test

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aaron1983

Reaction score
So, I decided to share some homebrew with a few folks at work a while back. I brought a 12oz for each person...but it seems I have over calculated how many to bring. Today, 8 months later, I found a bottle of this home brew in my car, still snugly wrapped in it's paper wrapping. The only problem is that my car temps have fluctuated so dramatically in every end of the temperature spectrum I am not sure what to expect. This beer has seen ambient temps of 22 - 108* F.

Being the curious sort that I am, I made matters worse by putting it in the freezer hoping to chill it and see what it has become...I forgot about it and it froze. So, I am running cool water over the bottle slowing thawing it to the point where I can pour and sample this....thing.

This beer is a young Bier de Garde style ale with a few personal touches. It turned out to be quite a delicious ale.

So my question to you guys, is, what do you think will become of this lovely ale after the abuse it has been subjected to? I am thinking it will be drinkable in about 30 minutes.

Cheers!

So, I decided to share some homebrew with a few folks at work a while back. I brought a 12oz for each person...but it seems I have over calculated how many to bring. Today, 8 months later, I found a bottle of this home brew in my car, still snugly wrapped in it's paper wrapping. The only problem is that my car temps have fluctuated so dramatically in every end of the temperature spectrum I am not sure what to expect. This beer has seen ambient temps of 22 - 108* F.

Being the curious sort that I am, I made matters worse by putting it in the freezer hoping to chill it and see what it has become...I forgot about it and it froze. So, I am running cool water over the bottle slowing thawing it to the point where I can pour and sample this....thing.

This beer is a young Bier de Garde style ale with a few personal touches. It turned out to be quite a delicious ale.

So my question to you guys, is, what do you think will become of this lovely ale after the abuse it has been subjected to? I am thinking it will be drinkable in about 30 minutes.

Cheers!

Turns out, oddly enough, it isn't much different from it's ready to drink state. It has a few different flavors to it, but nothing noticeable unless you were looking for it. Still a good home brew that can stand up to some stress.

Cheers!

:tank:

No idea what to expect of the taste, but if it works out, here's a few suggested names:

Reckless Endangerment Ale
Bier de UnGarded

Apologies in advance...:)

HAHAHA, I love the names. The taste was a little different, and I suck at making names, so this one was left with "Untitled". So perhaps I will consider one of those names....now to duplicate the bottle conditioning environment... :D

Latest posts

Back