Alamo Cinema Drafthouse

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love Alamo. Lucky they built one not too far from me. Great theater and no commercials before the movie which I love too plus beer.

even better than commercials: the whacky shorts and trailers they show before the movie matching whatever the subject matter of the main attraction

we saw World War Z and everything had to do with zombies. original NotLD trailer ("they're coming to get you, Barbara") some other trailers from cheesy 70s undead movies

plus this TOTALLY WHACKED OUT Asian short feature with gross dead people dancing and singing and the choreography, music and lyrics were like they were done by a 5-year old. just friggin bizarre

Apparently, they tossed some young woman a couple years ago because she was texting. She called the theater to complain about getting tossed and had to leave a message. She was obviously hammered when she left the message because it was this long, rambling tirade and it was completely hilarious.

Anyway, they use the recording of that message, with funny accompanying text, that as their pre-show warning to not text during the show.

I can't link to a non mobile YouTube clip from my phone, but google Alamo cinema texting and you should get it.

uncensored, NSFW and totally friggin AWESOME

first movie we saw there it kind of creeped me out the audience was so quiet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Alamo Draft House, I just wish it wasn't so expensive.

I'm already going to be paying out the @$$ on food and beers, do you still have to charge me an arm and a leg just to get in the door?

Other than that, it's always a great experience. Good movies, good food, good beer.

I love Alamo Draft House, I just wish it wasn't so expensive.

I'm already going to be paying out the @$$ on food and beers, do you still have to charge me an arm and a leg just to get in the door?

Other than that, it's always a great experience. Good movies, good food, good beer.

true, it is expensive. food is decent, but we've only had dinner there one time; now we eat at home or somewhere else and only get popcorn at the theater. which is ridiculously expensive, like all movie theaters

but we don't normally go out to the movies, so it's more of a special treat. actually used to hate going to the movies, because of all the talking and texting. & the last time we went to the closest theater to our house, the car was broken into and stereo stolen. so we've been going to one farther away with more secure parking. Alamo is closer than that one.

plus, at home I have the big screen HD, 1200+ movies and a DVR, can pause when I want and the only real distraction is the dog

Latest posts

Back