Air cooled beer line question...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dgonza9

Reaction score
My bar is getting there so I've been thinking about how to air cool my beer lines. They will travel 3-4 feet to taps mounted thru a wall.

I have a good idea how to proceed from ideas on this site. Probably 2" pvc caulked into my collar to serve as anchor points for flexible, insulated tubing I will have two tubes to an insulated box around the shanks.

My question is regarding the fan. I'm getting at least one 12v squirrel fan. Should I mount it blowing cold air into the beer line going to the box or should I mount it on the return line pulling warm air out of the box?

If I win the right auction on ebay I might have 2 fans, one blowing in and one sucking out.

Secondly, I'm wondering how/where I might put the two lines. In the collar on the side of the keezer would make the run a bit longer, but allow me to better enter the closet to service my keezer, swap kegs, co2, etc. On the lid is closer, but I can't see how it'd be easy to open the lid without several extra feet of beer line and either a lot of flex in the tubing or disconnecting the tubing. Through the collar on the front of the keezer is the shortest route to taps, but again limits access to keezer. I'm thinking the side is the best route, maybe bumps distance up a 2-3 feet, but would also make a few kinks/turns in the line which may affect air flow.

Thoughts? Thanks for the input, guys.

http://www.rapidswholesale.com/resources/beer_guide4.shtml

According to this site they have the beer lines in the cold shaft, which makes the most sense as you want your beer to be cold. This pic also shows that
beer_guide_18.jpg

Thanks for the photo. Looks like they recommend the fan blowing cold air in. May use another fan to pull air out.

I guess I'm going with lines coming from the side of the keezer. Hopefully won't restrict airflow too much with a turn.

Thanks.

Back