AHS anniversary kit instructions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fat_Bastard

Reaction score
I got my AHS order today and was reading the instruction sheet for the anniversary wit kit and it reads...
once you get boil under control add the flavor hops and set timer for 30 minutes.
the second line for flavor hop at 15 minutes is blank meaning no additions

the third line for 5 minute aroma addition has the spices listed.

did AHS go from a 1 hour boil to 30 minutes???????????????

usually their instructions have you add the bittering hops then set the timer to 60 minutes.this time they want the only hop addition done at 30 minutes?

is this a screwed up sheet? or something new?

Sounds like a 30 min boil. If there are no 60 min hops, there is no point in boiling just the wort for 30 mins before adding any hops. I guess different styles call for different measures.

I have had a kit from AHS that only called for a 30 minute boil. I actually think it was their Half-Wit, which is probably very similar to the anniversary.

As long as its extract, you don't necessarily need to boil for 60 minutes.

I got the Bud American Ale clone that only required a 30 min. boil. I thought the boil time was odd, but went with it anyway. I'll have to wait until 5/11 to try it out though. All the other AHS Analversary kits (that I bought) are 60 min. boils.

I did the belgian white from AHS and it turned out good. Only a 30 minute boil because you want to keep the IBU's low for this style.

i just finished off my batch of the Half-Wit last month and it s pretty good, especially since it is already getting warm here. It was a 30 min boil.

I got just brewed up the Anniversary Wit thurs night and it is fermemnting away, 30 minute boil as well. this kit was mini-mash, half-wit was extract. only difference between the two was the hops.

Thanks for the replies!The 30 minute boil kind of threw me for a loop.I brewed this up tonight,just put it in the fermenter.

Back