ahhhhh man, I think I messed up!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BradleyBrew

Reaction score
Ok, I was cold crashing my Kolsch today and had about 12 oz of properly diluted star san solution in a blow off. Well, I get home from work and the blowoff is bone dry.... meaning 12 oz of sanitized solution is now inside my fermenter. So the ultimate question, is it safe to drink? Any help or reassurance would be great! :(

Ok, I was cold crashing my Kolsch today and had about 12 oz of properly diluted star san solution in a blow off. Well, I get home from work and the blowoff is bone dry.... meaning 12 oz of sanitized solution is now inside my fermenter. So the ultimate question, is it safe to drink? Any help or reassurance would be great! :(

It's safe. 54 beers in a 5 gal batch equals 648 oz. You're looking at an ounce for every 4-1/2 beers. That's not much. I think I drank a shot of Starsan the other night... I think ;)

It's safe. 54 beers in a 5 gal batch equals 648 oz. You're looking at an ounce for every 4-1/2 beers. That's not much. I think I drank a shot of Starsan the other night... I think ;)

thanks for the reply. I emailed star san to see what they have to say but from reading other post it makes sense it would just buffer out by the sheer volume of beer to diluted starsan.

emailed star san or five star chemical and they said it safe to drink but the taste could be compromised. I guess enough star san can create a sour or bitter off flavor. Good things its one of the most delicate beers out their lol

Back