Aging my Belgian Tripel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MisterDrew

Reaction score
Good afternoon all,

I have a Belgian Tripel in primary fermentation and has been for nearing a month. I plan on bottling a handful for Christmas Gifts but putting the rest in an open keg so I can put it on CO2 around Christmas time as well. My big question is where should I store the keg in the mean time to get the best out of the couple months of aging, room temperature or go ahead and put it in the keezer?

I appreciate your comments in advance.

If you have room in the keezer I would just keep it in there. Lower temps help preserve flavor, improve clarity, and increase CO2 absorption. Having it at serving temperature means you have less to do when Christmas rolls around.

not trying to dampen your spirits but I did a tripel in March, bottle conditioned, kept at 70ish° and wasn't fit for a dog until the 6 month mark. It is now what I would consider pretty decent but not great.

I thought it might take longer to get the email flavors to meld but figured 3 months at the earliest. I have 4 corny kegs and only 2 taps so aging in the keg won't be an issue even if it is 6 to 9 months. I won't touch the bottles until the keg is kicked and will likely have to hold on to them instead of gifting them I'd that's the case.

Again, thanks for the responses.

I did a trippel not long ago. im letting it sit at room remp in a keg. Its already carbed and i took a sample of it and its def not close to being ready. all the flavors stood out too much and had a bit of the hot alcohol taste. ill prob tap it at 5 months.

Latest posts

Back