Age of Homebrewers & Years of Experience

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whats Your Age?

• 21-24

• 25-29

• 30-39

• 40-55

• 55 or older

Results are only viewable after voting.
37 and 4.... but I should be docked for my poor performance this year... only 30 gallons since January.... life has a knack for getting in the way of brewdays

I am 46, and I have been brewing since April 2009. I brewed back in 89'-90' about 5 or 6 times. All I had back then was the Papazian book and the LHBS owner for guidance. With this new fangled internet device, home brewing is a completely different activity. The beer is actually good! I am on batch 23.

26, first brewed at 19 but went AG and started brewing regularly about four years ago.

I have no idea how you guys did it before the internet...

Turning 22 next Thursday Started brewing with friends around senior year of high school a few times. Got really into it last year!

40 and 40, I was born with a golden hydrometer in my hand. Yes, my mom screamed.

27 and only about a year and a half. Went to AG about 2 months ago.

24 and 5 years.

Seriously, I was thinking why didn't we know about this in college, or why didn't I think about it. I guess we were just blind to the ways of the world.

I'm 35 and have been at it for about 2.5yrs. Finally starting the move to AG.

22 and +3 months of experience

Seriously, I was thinking why didn't we know about this in college, or why didn't I think about it. I guess we were just blind to the ways of the world.

Im in college and its actually how I found out about it. I was in a microbial physiology class going over fermentation! I was sold from that point on! Admittedly though I found it as a senior. Now I'm looking at the ideas of possibly making a microbrewery in the future. I've just been hounding business and entrepreneur majors for all the angles to consider.

Age 44 with 3.5 years brewing - about 50 batches.
Luckily, I have the full support of SWMBO.
In fact, she is the VP of Quality Control and Inventory Reduction. :)

I am 32 and just started brewing about 6 months ago. I must say this is one of my better hobbies, as I can share my concoctions with friends and family.

Thus far I have brewed 3 nitro-stouts, 1 blue moon clone, 1 oktoberfest, and 1 nitrogenized reddish ale (no name yet). All have turned out to be rather good, and the stouts were fantastic.

All recipes were all-grain using 5 gallon water coolers and a 7.5 gallon brewpot on my stove. I have yet to brew an extract batch. I have 3 years of wine-making experience using grapes from my yard, and I feel that helped greatly in my swing to brewing beer.

I'm 58, been brewing regularly since 1982, so 28 years. Very first brew was in '73 or '74, but that one doesn't count.

Back