Advice on building my own control panel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny2fresh

Reaction score
Looking for some tips here. Where do you guys get the parts to build a control panel and is there a good DIY link of how to wire it?

I would like to have 2 PID, one for the mash and one for the HLT. I'm building a herms system, so would like a temp probe in the mash tun and one for the HLT. I want a switch to switch between the mash temp and the HLT temp (i'm only using one heating element in the HLT). I would need three outlets for the wort pump, water pump, and the heating element. On/off switch, emergency stop, etc.

Exactly as sibelman has posted, that site has a ton of information. I built almost my entire brewery from it, with some changes to the panel as I am running a 2 vessel system. The Electrical drawing as as simple as they get.

As for parts Amazon was extremely useful but make sure you know your prices, as I'm sure I could have saved some money just going to home depot on certain things.

Latest posts

Back