Advice on an electric kettle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lophius

Reaction score
Hello everybody.
I need some help.
I have done some batches doing partial mash and only boiling about 11 l. and then diluting in fresh water.
I’m thinking buying an electric kettle, I’m thinking of doing full boil batches and no chill method in a pot.
What do you think about this one, is a spigot necessary?

http://www.brewferm.be/en/index.htm

BREWING KETTLE 27 l ELECTRIC
A solid AND affordable electric brewing kettle with an analogue gradually adjustable thermostat 30-100°C.

Stainless Steel kettle 27 litres WITH TAP.
Solid, hygienic and easily to maintain.
Powerfull heating element (2000 watt).
Sufficient for making 20 litre brews.
2 year guarantee.

Thank you very much for your help

How big will your full batches be? If you're doing 20l batches a 27l pot may not be big enough. I guess they say it is but I don't believe them. I know it doesn't list price but if you made it yourself I'm sure you could save a ton of money if you're willing.

Hi Tinga,

Here in Spain I could buy it for about 150$.

Yes I am doing 20l batches, now with 23l in the fermenter and 20l botlling, more or less.

I am not very skilly in DIY things that's why I have a look at something already made.

The thing you tell me about you think 27l are not enough, it makes me hesitate about that solution. You really thing is not enough?

Thank you for answering.

Back