Advice needed please

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scorpien222

Reaction score
I have a rhubarb wine recipe which is absolutely delicious and was wondering what it would be like if I added a vanilla pod or two for a 5 gallon batch.

Has anyone ever tried this if so how did it turn out and if not what does everyone think it will turn out like ??

I think vanilla added in secondary will be good. I make a rhubarb pie with vanilla, never a crumb left. If you have made the wine before and have a bottle left, add vanilla in the glass, see what you think.

saramc said:
I think vanilla added in secondary will be good. I make a rhubarb pie with vanilla, never a crumb left. If you have made the wine before and have a bottle left, add vanilla in the glass, see what you think.

Thanks for that I have made the wine before but there isn't a drop left lol I might just have to bite the bullet and give it a go

Depending on how far you want to take this thing, vanilla flavor can also be imparted by oaking...

Latest posts

Back