Advice needed / new kegger

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brtisbuck

Reaction score
Okay, so I was gifted a ball lock, co2 cylinder, regulator, and ball lock connectors. I've decided to complete the system and step into kegging, but I have limited knowledge where the best place to look for things are.

The only thing I think I know is I'm going to get Perlick faucets. What other tools or hardware will I need and where are some good places to get it. I'm going to set up a 2 tap keezer.

Farmhouse Brewing Supplies currently has the best deal I've found on chrome Perlicks. They're pretty active here, too.

As for what else you'll need? If the only equipment you have now is what you've listed, you'll probably want to pick up the following:
  • Some way to chill the beer
  • Keg cleaner/Keg line cleaner
  • Something to scrub the kegs
  • Replacement O-Rings
  • Keg lube
  • Some way to serve the beer (usually just party taps will work)
  • Keezer conversion kit (Shanks, lines, grommets, etc)

I'd shop around for a lot of that stuff, especially if you don't have a LHBS. Most of the vendors here have big sales on that stuff, so make sure you check the vendor page, as well!

Good luck!

Back