Adjusting IBUs for all grain?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PattyC

Reaction score
I'm using BrewTarget to convert a partial mash recipe to all grain for a pale ale I came up with a while back. I really liked the beer but I'm concerned about changing the bittering and flavor components as I'm adjusting hop additions for the AG version. Should I just aim to get the same overall IBU level or should the ratio be the same for each addition? Is there an easy way to do this? What software is best for it?

Personally, I would keep your flavor and aroma additions (30 minutes or less boil time) exactly the same as they used to be and only adjust your 60 minute addition to match the IBUs.

Enter your pm version into your software with the proper amount of extract when your buttering hops were added to get your IBU level.

You'll need to adjust your bittering additions a little.

Maybe 5-10% less on your bittering hops. Anything that gets added with less than 30min left don't adjust.

Back