Adjusting/Correcting Gravity

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey All,

After a long hiatus from brewing, I got back I to it with a jalapeño cream ale. I started with a recipe from the forums, but modified it quite a bit. I don't have a copy of it right in front of me but can get it if needed.

Anyways... the reason I'm chatting with you now is to see how I adjust for adding things like lactose and came sugar to the secondary. After starting with an OG of 1.060, and prior to adding had a gravity of 1.022, I added 6oz lactose and 3oz cane sugar. I was not thinking and failed to take a second gravity after adding. I after a few more days in the cold a couple days rest, I'm now sitting at 1.016. Any help would be appreciated, I'm still fairly new to the science and math part of this.

On a side note, it is tasting beautiful. The only thing I can say is that the front of the tongue jalapeño flavor has diminished quite a bit. It was almost perfect about a week in, but has gotten weaker. Too late to make additions? I'm 14 days in, but actually still bubbling.

Thanks, and cheers!

Back