Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mateo123

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I just recently made an oatmeal blueberry SMASH and wanted some advice.

I want to add vanilla for some reason. Hoping for a little twist.

Any thoughts on that? I just finished kegging tonight and was just laying in bed thinking what would 1-2 oz of vanilla extract do....and when would I add it

Can I add it tomorrow? In two weeks? Whenever?

I have added just a teaspoon of vanilla extract to a chocolate imperial stout once in a 5 gallon keg and the flavor was overpowering at that amount. I would suggest vanilla beans without the seeds or brewers best vanilla flavoring one container will do 5 gallons.

I have added just a teaspoon of vanilla extract to a chocolate imperial stout once in a 5 gallon keg and the flavor was overpowering at that amount. I would suggest vanilla beans without the seeds or brewers best vanilla flavoring one container will do 5 gallons.
Does it make it sweet or creamy?

Get a pint glass , drop some pure vanilla extract into it until its the flavor you want. Then you can multiply the MLs to pints . If you dont have a syringe set up to shoot through the gas post pop the top then add , purge with co2 and enjoy . Or just add the amount to each pint as you pour.

I’ll have to give it a try! This beer currently is just really thin-bodied

Yeah I made vanila extract with vodka and premium vanilla beans, dont skimp on the quality. I put 2 oz and 4 oz of chocolate extract in a chocolate stout and it was good but im going 6 oz of chocolate extract and 3 oz of vanilla extract this time and gonna see how it turns out. Also gonna back sweeten it.

Back