Adding Passion Fruit to American Wheat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparky2284

Reaction score
Looking to add passion fruit to an american wheat. Any suggestions of how to add it and how much? Sliced whole fruit, extract the juice from fruit? etc.

I have literally hundreds of lilikoi growing out front. As soon as they start to ripen, I'm throwing them in some beer. I would think you would need to burst each seed capsule at the very least. I don't know what the seeds would add either. They are a pain to juice, but I think that is the route I am going to take. Good luck, and let us know how it turns out. I'll do the same.

What I did was cut each one in half and dug out the seeds and pulp into a bowl. Then used a sieve and a spoon and smashed them to squeeze the juice out into another bowl. I put it in an airtight sealed bowl, froze it and then when I was ready to transfer the beer I put the frozen fruit juice into a magic bullet and kinda chopped it up. Poured it into the bottom and racked on top of it. I'm not sure how much to use so
I used the inside of 15 passion fruits and I will adjust from there. My first time doing this

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back