Adding orange zest to keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlash630

Reaction score
I have a Belgian Witt just about finished with primary and the orange seems to have really faded. Has anyone added more sanitized zest to the keg?

I have a Belgian Witt just about finished with primary and the orange seems to have really faded. Has anyone added more sanitized zest to the keg?
Make s tincture so you keep your dip tube and poppets clean. Zest medium sized orange into 2 oz high proof vodka. Wait a week and strain it into keg

Also try brewing it again with citrus-forward hops. For this style I recommend Mandarina Bavaria. I really like oranges in my beer and I buy these hops by the pound.

Also try brewing it again with citrus-forward hops. For this style I recommend Mandarina Bavaria. I really like oranges in my beer and I buy these hops by the pound.
I looked up the hop( German Mandarina Bavaria Hops (Pellets) | MoreBeer ), and it states that it is a sister of the cascade hop. How much of a orange flavor does it give. I know when I brew with Cascade it gives off a the grateful flavor.

If you don't mind, I am looking for a "orange" flavor beer. would you be willing to share your receipt?

I looked up the hop( German Mandarina Bavaria Hops (Pellets) | MoreBeer ), and it states that it is a sister of the cascade hop. How much of a orange flavor does it give. I know when I brew with Cascade it gives off a the grateful flavor.

If you don't mind, I am looking for a "orange" flavor beer. would you be willing to share your receipt?
Try @BierMuncher 's Blue Moon clone Witbier - Blue Balls Belgian Wit (Blue Moon Clone) but substitute the Mandarina and add a dry hop charge of ~1oz to boost the orange aroma. I'm not saying you should skip the orange peel, just help it along with orange-y hops.

Back