Adding nutrients while fermenting under pressure

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clyde

Reaction score
Greetings all.

I tried to search this topic, but couldn't find what I'm looking for.

I've currently got a sugar wash (for hard seltzer) fermenting at 15psi in a corny keg. Looks like my Voss had stopped fermenting and gravity is stuck at 1.020 (started at 1.042).

I want to add more nutrient however, I'm confused on how to go about it since I'm under pressure now. Can I just let off pressure, open corny, add nutrients, and replace lid?

Do I need to purge with CO2 after?

Thanks

Ei cara, saudações do Brasil, Que tal usar um Tee kegland! Dilua o nutriente em água limpa e estéril, coloque tudo dentro de uma garrafa pet, coloque o Tee kegland na garrafa pet, conecte tudo ao Barril e use o Co2 para empurrar tudo para dentro do barril.

Faça assim para não perder a pressão e não espumar tudo no seu barril

Last edited:
Ei cara, saudações do Brasil, Que tal usar um Tee kegland! Dilua o nutriente em água limpa e estéril, coloque tudo dentro de uma garrafa pet, coloque o Tee kegland na garrafa pet, conecte tudo ao Barril e use o Co2 para empurrar tudo para dentro do barril.

Faça assim para não perder a pressão e não espumar tudo no seu barril

Obrigado, vou pensar nisso. Será que eu acho outro solução similar. Não tenho aqueles coisas (garrafinha do PET por exemplo nem o Tee). Pode ser que intento o mesmo, mas usando um corny keg.

Una outra coisa, como vc sabia que eu entendo português? Já falamos uma vez?

Recapping this if anyone is interested.

I depressurized the keg, opened it up, and added 2 tablespoons of yeast energizer mixed with distilled water.
I placed the lid back on the keg and shook it up. The pressure climbed back up to 15 psi overnight. A few days later, gravity was down to 1.006 from 1.020.

1. Pour the mixture into a clean, sanitized 2L plastic bottle.
  2. Squeeze the air out and put on a carbonator cap.
  3. Pressurize the bottle with a bit of CO2 until it pops back into shape (very short bursts required).
  4. PULL THE KEG PRV to depressurize the keg!
  5. Place a clean, sanitized jumper on the bottle
  6. Invert the bottle
  7. Connect the jumper to the gas in post
  8. Allow nearly all the liquid to drain into the keg
  9. Quickly disconnect it before it all empties into the keg.
  10. Pressurize the keg

Uma outra coisa, como vc sabia que eu entendo português? Já falamos uma vez?
Uma ferramenta do HBT traduz automaticamente, mas com alguns erros. Assim escrevo um texto em inglês e outro em português (Brasil) para que outros falantes em português entendam.

Nosso Fórum HBT (Brasil) foi unido ao HBT (USA ) o que foi péssimo para nós

1. Pour the mixture into a clean, sanitized 2L plastic bottle.
  2. Squeeze the air out and put on a carbonator cap.
  3. Pressurize the bottle with a bit of CO2 until it pops back into shape (very short bursts required).
  4. PULL THE KEG PRV to depressurize the keg!
  5. Place a clean, sanitized jumper on the bottle
  6. Invert the bottle
  7. Connect the jumper to the gas in post
  8. Allow nearly all the liquid to drain into the keg
  9. Quickly disconnect it before it all empties into the keg.
  10. Pressurize the keg
Thanks, I will look into getting that carbonating cap.

I assume by jumper; you mean a gas port quick disconnect? That would work better.

Uma ferramenta do HBT traduz automaticamente, mas com alguns erros. Assim escrevo um texto em inglês e outro em português (Brasil) para que outros falantes em português entendam.

Nosso Fórum HBT (Brasil) foi unido ao HBT (USA ) o que foi péssimo para nós

Entendi.
Eu vi que havia um confusao no forum entre o sitio americano e sitio brasileiro.

Faz ums 15 anos eu morava no Brasil- o meu portugues esta ficando ruim!

Thanks, I will look into getting that carbonating cap.

I assume by jumper; you mean a gas port quick disconnect? That would work better.
Actually, two gas port disconnects with a bit of tubing connecting them. Place one on the bottle and one on the keg.

Back